1) OK, SXSW has a pretty damn good comedy line-up. James Adomian, Kristen Schaal, Kyle Kinane, Pete Holmes, Jon Hodgman, Reggie Watts, The Super Serious Show, Bob’s Burgers, WTF, Set List, and way WAY more.
2) It’s been awhile, but some worthy comedy albums came out today that might make you think twice about just buying Sleigh Bells’ new album: Garfunkel & Oates’ Slippery When Moist & Billy Wayne Davis (self-titled).
3) Last night on late night, Todd Glass discussed his WTF announcement on Fallon. Tonight, David Wain will be on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (NBC 12:35AM), Bill Maher on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (CBS 12:35AM), Alec Baldwin on The Late Show with David Letterman (CBS 11:35PM), and Rob Riggle on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (NBC 11:35PM). Also, don’t forget about Key & Peele on Comedy Central, 10:30PM.
4) A survey by the NY Times claims that young men find comedy essential when viewing themselves and others. Is that supposed to mean comedy’s winning or something?
5) Executively produced by Judd Apatow and written, directed by star Lena Dunham, Girls shows promise to fill in for the comedies that HBO cancelled.
6) Coming soon: The Marc (Maron) & Tom (Scharpling) Show. Need we say more?
7) Possibly, the most tweeted moment at the Oscars will be when Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis, just announced, are presenting.
8) You will be able to buy the book that Stephen Colbert just made up while annoying legendary children’s author Maurice Sendak very soon.
9) The Spit Take wants you to know that you should be watching Ron Funches just like we do.
10) Nick Offerman just joined the Diablo Cody movie that is, unfortunately, not Sweet Valley High.
11) The latest episode of This Better Be Funny (that’s our podcast) found hosts Jake Kroeger and Jeremy Paul in guest Candice Thompson’s car following the comedic thread of cocoa-butter infused vaseline to find that Candice didn’t know who Lando Calrissian was as well as discussing the validity of being an ecdysiast (stripper).
12) We’re moving our ticket giveaway up to this Thurs. at 5PM. Get your answers in for most deserving Oscar/Razzie winner tickets to this Sun. Salute to Movie Night.
13) I once laughed at someone’s resume because they had “having fun” as one of their special skills, thinking that it was stupid. I don’t laugh about that anymore, especially when I bomb on stage, but it’s still stupid to put on your resume.