1) Kyle Kinane Interview by Ron Babcock in a nudie mag for women called Pool Boy. I’m just going to focus on the first six words of the previous sentence.
2) Would you look at that…? You can have a comedy special on Fuel TV. On Feb. 28th, Chris Fairbanks will air his special that he taped at M-Bar in November of last year, though just like every other channel that airs comedy specials, it’ll be on 1AM.
3) ON THE HORIZON: Shows you should be watching for because they might/should sell out
Welcome to Hollyweird Charity Event @ Hollywood Improv Wed. Feb. 23rd 8PM $15
The Sarah Silverman and Friends @ Largo Thurs. Feb. 24th 7:30PM $25
Conan Writers @ Hollywood Improv Thurs. Feb. 24th 8PM $14/2 item min.
Jeff Ross’ Roast in Peace @ The Comedy Store Fri. Feb. 25th 8:30PM $20
The Paul F. Tompkins 9th Anniversary Show @ Largo Sat. Mar. 19th 8:30PM $25
5) Big Trouble in Little Tokyo is happening folks. Don’t worry. Glenn Wool and Jerrod Carmichael have got our backs on this one. Tomorrow. Señor Fish. 422 E. 1st St., Los Angeles, CA. Sign-up 6:30PM/Starts 7PM.
6) Tonight’s COMEDY CRAWL-That’s the “nice price”
4 & 20 @ All Star Lanes 8PM FREE
What’s Up Tiger Lily? @ Hollywood Studio Bar & Grill 8PM FREE
Melgard Mondays @ Melgard Public House 9PM FREE
Comedy Night @ Cherry Pit 9PM FREE
Keep It Clean Comedy @ 1739 Public House 10PM FREE
7) OPEN MIC RUN
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/one item min.
CLUB 705 705 Pier Ave., Hermosa Beach, CA/Starts 7PMish
JAKE’S 38 W. Colorado Blvd., Pasadena, CA/Sign-up (lottery) 7:30PM/Starts 8PM. First 15 spots are 5 min. paired with 3 min. work-ins throughout the show.
TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA (Echo Park)/Starts 8PM-ish
HARLEM PLACE CAFE 124 W. 4th St. (in alley between Main and Spring St.)/Starts 8PM/e-mail email@example.com for spots
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 Cover/Free coffee & water.
8) Recently: I read this headline, “Washington: the blackest name in America”. I also had trouble thinking of something to post in this section today, so I’m just posting something without much of a purpose besides it being hilarious: Claire Titelman.
9) When you ask to be brought up on stage by having the host say, “Our next comic comes all the way from the city of ASSHOLE!” I begin to wonder wy you ever left.
THE COMEDY BUREAU/@thecomedybureau