1) It’s weird to say (when you think about it), but RIOT is definitely on pace and let’s keep it going. The proposed LA alternative comedy festival is at this moment $4,310 of $20,000 and was just mentioned on Vulture. Don’t you want RIOT? Let’s keep this going, please.
2) Dave Attell basked in the memories of his porn next to an attractive young lady again on Conan, Judy Greer also had great family stories also on Conan, Tracy Morgan got back to being Tracy Morgan on Leno. Can Tina Fey top all of this tonight on the Late Show with David Letterman (CBS 11:35PM)?
3) Educated yourself today as the South Park documentary “Six Days to Air” is now on Netflix.
3) So, Grace Helbig of Daily Grace is moving to LA for two months…
4) Hot dog puppets and the lesbian pool scene from Wild Things make for a great start to Thursday thanks to Annie Lederman and Abbey Luck.
5) Michelle Bachmann isn’t done until Erin Gibson’s Michelle Bachmann has the final say.
9) ON THE HORIZON
Emo Phillips Narrating Peter & The Wolf @ Glendale Philharmonic Sun. Jan. 8th 4PM $7.50-$14
10) COMEDY CRAWL
Greg Proops: Smartest Man in the World LIVE @ Nerdist Theater 8PM $10
Harland Williams @ Irvine Improv 8PM $22/2 item min.
The Eddie Peptione Bloodbath w/special guest Patton Oswalt @ Hollywood Improv Lab 8:30PM $5
The Josh & Josh Show @ Bar Lubitsch 8:30PM FREE
Odd Thursdays @ The Palace Restaurant 9PM FREE
Stand-up Spotlight: Moshe Kasher @ UCB Theatre 9:30PM $5
11) OPEN MIC RUN
HOLLYWOOD HOTEL 1160 N. Vermont Ave., Los Angeles, CA/Sign-up 6PM/Starts 7PM/5 min./first come, first served/one drink min.
ZAPATA VIVE 101 S. First Ave., Arcadia, CA/Sign-up (lottery) 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/20 spots available/5 min.
SANDWICH SPOT 3101 Ocean Park Ave., Santa Monica, CA/Sign-up 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/first come, first served
CAFE ON 2ND 7 S. 2nd St., Alhambra, CA/Sign-up 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/first come, first served/10 min.
SUNSET GRILL 7439 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/one item min.
TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA/Starts 8PM/mixed mic
VINNY’S PIZZA 12740 Culver Blvd., Los Angeles, CA/Sign-up 8PM/Starts 8:30PM/first come, first served/No purchase necessary
CAFE UNURBAN 3301 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica, CA/Sign-up (lottery) 9PM/No purchase necessary
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel, past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/first come, first served/coffee and bottled water available
FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia Ave., Burbank, CA/Sign-up 11PM/Starts MIDNIGHT
12) Well, if anything that the last few days have proven, never ever believe comedians when they say they’re horrible people.