1) Someone named Troy Holm not only has the gumption to steal material from Doug Stanhope, but also has the, for the lack of a more vile word, daring to not bother changing any words or phrasing when posting on his blog, which has been taken down. That’s the type of thing that will screw your Wikipedia page over forever.
5) The Producers Guild Awards are out with nods to Bridesmaids, Midnight in Paris, Parks and Recreation, the Colbert Report, and more. Then, reality TV, as you’ll notice, now has its own categories.
7) Anyone care to start a theme blog of Victoria Jackson being out of place?
8) Improv Everywhere’s Annual No Pants Subway Ride now has t-shirts to go with no pants.
9) The fifth episode of our This Better Be Funny Podcast asks the question: Can we write one truly original joke about Chipwrecked after watching it?
10) ON THE HORIZON
Fargo & The Big Lebowski Double Feature Drink-Along @ Downtown Independent Theater Sat. Jan. 7th 7PM $10 in adv, $15 at door
11) COMEDY CRAWL
This Is Not Happening @ Hollywood Improv 8PM $5/2 item min.
The BEATdown Los Angeles @ Nerdist Theater 8PM $10
The Good Luck Show @ Good Luck Bar 8PM FREE
This Is New… @ Lulu’s Beehive 8:30PM FREE
Comedy Bang Bang @ UCB Theatre 8:30PM $5 (stand by only)
Geekscape Presents: Tokyo Drift @ Michael’s Bar & Grill 9PM FREE
Holy Fuck @ Downtown Independent Theater 9PM FREE
JFL Montreal Showcase @ Hollywood Improv Lab 10PM $5
12) THERE’S SOMETHING REALLY AMAZING THAT IS GOING TO GIVE COMEDY IN LA THE ATTENTION IT DESERVES AT HOLY FUCK TONIGHT THAT YOU WON’T WANT TO MISS, NECESSITATING OUR ANNOYINGLY TYPING IN ALL CAPS.
13) OPEN MIC RUN
AMSTERDAM CAFE 10905 Magnolia Blvd., North Hollywood, CA
WESTWOOD BREW CO 1097 Glendon Ave., Westwood, CA/Sign-up 7:30PM/Starts 8PM/lottery/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
COFFEE GALLERY 2029 Lake Ave., Altadena, CA/Sign-up 7:30PM/Starts 8PM
TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA (Echo Park)/Starts 8PM/mixed mic
VINNY’S PIZZA 12740 Culver Blvd., Los Angeles, CA/Sign-up 8PM/Starts 8:30PM/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
WESTSIDE COMEDY THEATER 1323-A 3rd St., Santa Monica, CA (in alley between 3rd St. Promenade and 4th St.)/Sign-up 9:45PM/Starts 10PM/lottery/$1 cover
DAVE’S BAR 708 Broadway, Glendale, CA/Starts 10PM/no purchase necessary/first come, first served
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/bottled water and coffee provided
14) HEY EVERYONE, LANA DEL REY LIKES BILL HICKS, SO CAN EVERYONE LIKE COMEDY NOW PLEASE?