2) Finally, the Book of Mormon is coming to LA…
3) Last week, the story broke that the Apple iPhone 4S’ virtual concierge service, Siri, lacked in providing assistance when asked about birth control, rape prevention, and the like. Apparently, now, Siri is trying too hard to make up for it.
4) Improv Everywhere is coming out with a DVD of their massive comedy performance art exploits including their famous Annual No Pants Subway Ride.
5) Will Ferrell makes a case for best celebrity endorsement of the year with ads for Old Milwaukee.
7) Funny or Die enlists Megan Mullally to run an actresses’ home with Aubrey Plaza, Lizzy Caplan, Casey Wilson, and Lake Bell.
11) COMEDY CRAWL
Bill Burr @ Brea Improv 8PM $22/2 item min.
The Imaginary Radio Program @ Nerdist Theater 8PM $10
Roadshow! @ Hollywood Improv Lab 8PM $11/$5 with online promo code “FRIENDS”
Subversive Comedy w/Jimmy Dore @ Flappers Burbank 8PM $12/2 item min.
The Josh & Josh Show @ Bar Lubitsch 8:30PM FREE
Infinite Jest @ Villany Prdt 9PM FREE
Nick’s Big Talk Show @ UCB Theatre 9:30PM $5
The Comedy Palace @ The Palace Restaurant 9:30PM FREE
Sweet, Sweet Stand-up @ M Bar 10PM $5 suggested donation
12) OPEN MIC RUN
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA 6PM/1 item min./first come, first served
HOLLYWOOD HOTEL 1160 N. Vermont Ave., Los Angeles, CA/Sign-up 6PM/Starts 7PM/5 min./first come, first served/one drink min.
SANDWICH SPOT 3101 Ocean Park Ave., Santa Monica, CA/Sign-up 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/first come, first served
CAFE ON 2ND 7 S. 2nd St., Alhambra, CA/Sign-up 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/first come, first served/10 min.
VINNY’S PIZZA 12740 Culver Blvd., Los Angeles, CA/Sign-up 8PM/Starts 8PM/first come, first necessary/no purchase necessary
SUNSET GRILL 7439 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/one item min.
TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA/Starts 8PM/mixed mic
CAFE UNURBAN 3301 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica, CA/Sign-up (lottery) 9PM/No purchase necessary
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel, past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/first come, first served/coffee and bottled water available
FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia Ave., Burbank, CA/Sign-up 11PM/Starts MIDNIGHT
13) If you can’t handle feeling incredibly insecure on a regular basis, then you probably shouldn’t do comedy.