1) Comedy Central announces its production/development slate. Good news for Matt Braunger, Kumail Nanjiani, Rob Delaney, Kyle Kinane, Eugene Mirman, Anthony Jeselnik fans/comedy fans in general.
2) Last night Paul F. Tompkins discusses Sky Mall on Conan, Tig Notaro does her famous stool pushing bit also on Conan, and Patton Oswalt reveals why he enjoyed working on Failure to Launch. Tonight, the other Patton in stand-up that everyone needs to know about, Sean Patton is, yes, on Conan (TBS 11PM).
3) The WGA Awards just released their TV nominations and while 30 Rock and Louie and Modern Family all got their due, we’re so glad that John Benjamin Has A Van got nominated.
4) On top of the news that MTV’s Liquid TV is coming back, it’s even greater news to hear the amazing Drennon Davis will be doing a series for it.
6) IFC’s blog compiles a list of the funniest movie deaths that weren’t at all meant to be funny.
7) ON THE HORIZON
Benefest @ Steve Allen Theater Wed. Dec. 14th-Sat. Dec. 17th $35-$300
8) COMEDY CRAWL
Library Cards @ UCB Theatre 6:30PM $5
This Is Not Happening: Deflowered @ Hollywood Improv 8PM $5/2 item min.
A Kiss From Daddy/Birthday Boys @ UCB Theatre 8PM $5 (stand by only)
The End Show @ The Last Bookstore 8PM FREE
The Rudy Casoni Variety Show @ Steve Allen Theater 8PM $10
Wednesday Night Raw Impact Comedy Smackdown @ Hollywood Improv Lab 8:30PM $5
Meltdown @ Nerdist Theater 8:30PM $8
Frolic! @ Far Bar 9PM FREE
Facebook @ UCB Theatre 9:30PM $5 (stand by only)
Beer in the Shower @ Dreams Cafe & Bar 9:30PM FREE
Fresh Faces @ Hollywood Laugh Factory 10PM $10-$30/2 drink min.
Matty’s Pizza Party @ Next Stage Theater 11PM $5
9) OPEN MIC RUN
SMILES NIGHTCLUB 13615 Ventura Blvd., Sherman Oaks, CA/Sign-up 5:45/Starts 6PM/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/$4 min./first come, first served
THE SPOT CAFE 4455 Overland Ave., Culver City, CA/Starts 7PM/lottery
HOLLYWOOD HOTEL 1160 N. Vermont Ave., Hollywood, CA/Sign-up 7PM/Starts 7:30PM/5 min./first come, first served/one drink min.
GRINDHOUSE CAFE 1051 N. Havenhurst, West Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM
TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA/Starts 8PM/mixed mic
LIBRARY A COFFEE HOUSE 3418 Broadway, Long Beach, CA/Sign-up 8PM/Starts 8:30PM
DAVE’S CHILLIN’ AND GRILLIN’
LIQUID ZOO 7214 Sepulveda Blvd., Van Nuys, CA/Sign-up 8:30PM/Starts 9PM/first come, first served/7 min.
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel, past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/first come, first served/coffee and bottled water available
FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia Ave., Burbank, CA/Sign-up 11PM/Starts MIDNIGHT
10) A real disservice is done when someone shakes the hand of a comedian who just got off the stage when that someone doesn’t think they’re funny. In all likelihood, someone will have to hear that half-ass pun all over again.