1) OK, so the tickets for Patton Oswalt’s show on Saturday at Largo @ the Coronet Theatre are sold out. FRET NOT!!! Patton will be back in Southern California at the Galaxy Theatre on March 11th and tickets are already on sale right here. I’m telling you this so now so you’ll actually have a chance to buy them.
2) In less than 2 hours, the voting for Comedy Central’s Stand Up Showdown is coming to an end and so is your chance to vote for your favorite comics that have a Comedy Central Presents Special and your chance to win a trip to the South Beach Comedy Festival! SO VOTE NOW!
3) Less than a week to go before the release of Garfunkel and Oates’ “All Over Your Face”. LESS THAN A WEEK. (don’t worry, the Comedy Bureau keep you posted).
3) Initially, the Comedy Bureau was going to celebrate its 100th day at a designated bar this Sun. Jan 30th. These plans might change. Stay tuned for details.
4) Just to make it easy for you guys as well as adding a few more shows/people to the schedule-Los Angeles Just for Laughs Showcases.
5) Tonight’s COMEDY CRAWL–
Just for Laughs Showcase @ Three of Clubs 7PM FREE
4 & 20 @ All Star Lanes 8PM FREE
Literally Funny @ Last Bookstore 8PM FREE
Comedy Speakeasy @ TSR Lounge 8PM FREE
Just for Laughs Showcase @ Hollywood Laugh Factory 10PM $10 students/$20 general/$30 VIP/2 item min.
6) Recently: U.S. Rep. Dennis Kucinich took legal action against a cafeteria after “dental damage” had been done by a misplaced olive pit in a wrap he ordered. Upon hearing that, I wish he was in this video where Rick Shapiro “asks” questions to people on Hollywood Blvd.
7) If a comic asks you to “make some noise” at the top of their set, do literally as they ask and never stop.
THE COMEDY BUREAU/@thecomedybureau