1) Ryan Stout’s album Touché, a fine example in both how precise and well-crafted a joke can be and how can you successfully grade an audience while you’re telling them, came out today as well as Season 1 of Portlandia on DVD and Blu Ray. Maybe your second cousins don’t need Christmas gifts?
2) Tonight, Patton Oswalt stops by on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (CBS 12:35AM) and Conan has yet another stellar episode planned with guests Paul F. Tompkins, Tig Notaro, and Sofia Vergara from Modern Family (TBS 11PM).
4) Laughspin is now taking votes for their 2011 Readers Choice Comedy Awards. There’s a lot of funny people nominated, so go vote.
5) Yesterday, we started the This Better Be Funny Podcast, which isn’t so much talking about comedy as it is comedians finding how their jokes are/aren’t funny.
6) Funny or Die does a nice mash-up of every overly star studded holiday movie.
7) Another week of the Nerdist’s 5 Most Intentionally Funny Videos This Week.
8) ON THE HORIZON
Liezl Was Here Gallery Showcasing @ IDA Fri. Dec. 9th 6PM
Bill Hicks’ Ninja Bachelor Party Screening Cinefamily Fundraiser @ The Comedy Store Fri. Dec. 16th 11:30PM $10
9) COMEDY CRAWL
The 4 & 20 @ All Star Lanes 8PM FREE
Good Luck Show @ Good Luck Bar 8PM FREE
Comedy Bang Bang @ UCB Theatre 8:30PM $5 (stand by only)
Holy Fuck @ Downtown Independent Theater 9PM FREE
Geekscape Presents II: Deep Space Atlantis SVU @ Michael’s Bar & Grill 9PM FREE
10) OPEN MIC RUN
ACME COMEDY HOLLYWOOD 135 N. La Brea Ave., Hollywood, CA/Sign-up 5:30PM/Starts 6PM/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
AMSTERDAM CAFE 10905 Magnolia Blvd., North Hollywood, CA/Sign-up 6PM/Starts 6:30PM/first come, first served
WESTWOOD BREW CO 1097 Glendon Ave., Westwood, CA/Sign-up 7:30PM/Starts 8PM/lottery/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
COFFEE GALLERY 2029 Lake Ave., Altadena, CA/Sign-up 7:30PM/Starts 8PM/first come, first served
TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA (Echo Park)/Starts 8PM/mixed mic
VINNY’S PIZZA 12740 Culver Blvd., Los Angeles, CA/Sign-up 8PM/Starts 8:30PM/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 8PM/first come, first served/$4 min.
DAVE’S BAR 708 Broadway, Glendale, CA/Sign-up 8:30PM/Starts 9PM/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
WESTSIDE COMEDY THEATER 1323-A 3rd St., Santa Monica, CA (in alley between 3rd St. Promenade and 4th St.)/Sign-up 9:45PM/Starts 10PM/lottery/$1 cover
MAX STEINER’S 2500 E. Anaheim St., Long Beach, CA/Sign-up 9PM/Starts 10PM after booked show/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/bottled water and coffee provided
11) Man, do I sure hate passive aggressive comments from comedians on social networks that passive aggressively never point out who they have the problem with.