1) It is Dec. 31st, 2011, which means tomorrow will be Jan. 1st, 2012, WHICH MEANS it is the end of the year, WHICH REALLY MEANS we can most fairly judge what The 100 Best Things in Comedy We Were Witness To In No Particular Order of 2011. That’s our year end comedy list that we’ll be posting today.
2) In the mean time, you can check LiterallyUnbelievable.org’s top responses to Onion articles of 2011 in parts one and two. That’s right, Literally Unbelievable has been pointing out how aloof people who think the Onion is reporting real news for several months and people still haven’t figured it out.
3) Todd Barry has some Twitter suggestions for episodes of Season 3 of “Louie”/Season 1 of the show Todd Barry would rather see “Todd”, a Todd Barry desired spin-off of the hit series Louie.
4) Another 2011 comedy list that’s one you should pay attention to while we stall to get ours posted is Mary Van Note’s Best Comics of 2011 You Probably Don’t Know. We know most of them and she’s right. Ron Lynch, Sean Patton, and more are pretty much the best.
5) We’re not big on New Year’s Resolution, but let’s join Jim Hamilton in punching billionaires in the face.
6) Some of you were asking for another Saturday open mic and your wishes we heard. Next Saturday at 5PM, the Daily Grind in Pasadena will be starting a brand new open mic where everyone gets 5 minutes. Not bad, 2012.
7) ON THE HORIZON
The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret w/David Cross in person @ Cinefamily Mon. Jan. 9 8PM $10
9) Though there are plenty of people ringing in 2012 at comedy clubs, we’re assuming that most comedy open mics aren’t running tonight. If we’re wrong about that, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tweet us @thecomedybureau.
10) Sincerely thank you to all who have been following my posts, articles, retweets, tweets, and more over 2011. Hopefully, you can clone all of yourselves several times over in 2012 and, at least, quadruple the number of readers I have here.