1) You can say tweets and short quips and more AND have people what your voice, which you probably hate, really sounds like? Eardrop (from Earwolf) has arrived for just to answer that question.
2) Now that there’s a little more warning, we know that Wendy Liebman’s Showtime special “Taller on TV” will be re-airing at 3:30AM on Showtime throughout this month.
3) Dan Harmon’s thoughts on Community being voted TV Guide’s fan favorite before NBC tabled the show midseason.
3) London and the Soho Theatre is loving the improvised stand-up show Set List and we sure do miss them here.
4) If you’ve ever wondered about watching an entire episode of the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson instead of the clips of interviews and stand-up and if it’s hip or not, read the A.V. Club’s take, then have your own opinion for once.
6) For those looking for who like our calendars on “the bleaker tip”, there’s a hilariously dark one called “Death on the Mountain” by Abbey Luck depicting bizarre tragedies year round. The perfect gift for someone who just watched Melancholia and liked it (Yes, that’s us). [via Annie Lederman]
8) COMEDY CRAWL
Pixar’s “La Luna” Advanced Screening @ Cinefamily 2PM $10
Space Ghost: Coast to Coast-Cast/Creators Reunion @ Cinefamily 5PM $12
The Thrilling Adventure Hour @ Largo at the Coronet Theatre 7:30PM/10:30PM $25 (stand by only)
Long Way Down @ Roof Dog Terrace 7:30PM FREE
ASSSSCAT @ UCB Theatre 8PM $10 (stand by only)
Two-Headed Beast @ Stories, Books, & Cafe 8PM FREE
LETTUCE Entertain You (With Stand-Up) @ UCB Theatre 10PM $10
The Midnight Show @ UCB Theatre MIDNIGHT $5 (stand by only)
9) OPEN MIC RUN
SPOT CAFE 4455 Overland Ave., Culver City, CA/Starts 2PM/feedback given at end
ICE HOUSE 24 N. Mentor Ave., Pasadena, CA/Starts 4PM/Sign-up is lottery/No purchase necessary/5 min.
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/coffee & water provided
WESTSIDE COMEDY THEATER 1323-A 3rd St. Promenade, Santa Monica, CA (in alley between 3rd and 4th St.)/Sign-up (lottery) 6PM/Starts 6:30PM/no purchase necessary/4 min./first 18 spots guaranteed only
SUNSET GRILL 7439 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/one item min.
FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia Ave., Burbank, CA/Sign-up 10PM/Starts MIDNIGHT/lottery
10) If there were only an app for Google that would tell people that try to fact check jokes during a show to stop trying to ruin the entertainment for themselves, that would be a pretty great start to the holiday season.