1) One of the funniest people we know, Hampton Yount, just released his live comedy album “Unbearable” for however much you want to donate for it, “Radiohead-In Rainbows-style”. Yes, Hampton isn’t as big as Radiohead, but download and donate profusely anyway because he’s way funnier than Thom Yorke.
2) The SF Weekly chats with Greg Proops when making fun of politics hits too close to the bone and then you end up crying while watching A Christmas Carol.
3) Wonderful resource for comedians, Connected Comedy, rounded up their Top 20 Articles on Comedy This Year. It’s probably more helpful than the hundred of “Who to Follow on Twitter” lists that were made last week.
5) The poster for Casa De Mi Padre really makes us think that are going to definitely be some shenanigans during Will Ferrell’s next stop on Conan, or should we say, Conando.
6) A funny thing happened while we were going through our feeds this morning: Rory Scovel sings Christmas songs as a cat on the Todd Glass Show.
8) ON THE HORIZON
Eddie Pepitone @ Hollywood Improv Fri. Jan. 6th 8PM $18/2 item min.
9) COMEDY CRAWL
Gallows Humor @ Vlad the Retailer’s 7:30PM $5
Star Dreck @ Nerdist Theater 8PM $10
Ha: Unstuffed & Unstrung @ Irvine Barclay Theatre 8PM $38-$45
This Feels Terrible: The Love Show @ UCB Theatre 8PM $5
The Josh & Josh Show @ Bar Lubitsch 8:30PM FREE
Writers’ Room w/Jimmy Pardo @ UCB Theatre 9:30PM $5
10) OPEN MIC RUN
HOLLYWOOD HOTEL 1160 N. Vermont Ave., Los Angeles, CA/Sign-up 6PM/Starts 7PM/5 min./first come, first served/one drink min.
SANDWICH SPOT 3101 Ocean Park Ave., Santa Monica, CA/Sign-up 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/first come, first served
SUNSET GRILL 7439 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/one item min.
TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA/Starts 8PM/mixed mic
VINNY’S PIZZA 12740 Culver Blvd., Los Angeles, CA/Sign-up 8PM/Starts 8:30PM/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
CAFE UNURBAN 3301 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica, CA/Sign-up (lottery) 9PM/No purchase necessary
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel, past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/first come, first served/coffee and bottled water available
FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia Ave., Burbank, CA/Sign-up 11PM/Starts MIDNIGHT
11) It would seem by this pic of Kyle Kinane and Matt Braunger, taken by Mike Burns, all going to see Bob Seger in a stretch limo, that you can “live the dream” through comedy.