1) So, as far as we know, Rick Shapiro recorded a DVD special, but doesn’t have the Masters, even though the courts ruled in Shapiro’s favor, because someone is withholding the tapes. He was served. A Rick Shapiro special is something we would love to see, so hopefully this plays out, however it plays out, in such a way where that will happen.
2) The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret Season 1 comes out on DVD today. It’s a good way to placate yourself waiting for Arrested Development news.
3) One more song from Reggie Watts’ “On Life and Quantum Entanglement” came out today and now I can’t get the word “skirball” out of my head.
4) Did you know there’s a Twitter user that’s completely dedicated to tracking the podcast appearances of Paul F. Tompkins? @trackPFT. If there’s anyone that warrants such a thing, it would be Tompkins.
5) Adam Scott vs. Jimmy Pardo in the Scott/Pardo Patrol. It might sound confusing, but it’s very funny and exactly what it sounds like/
6) From the mind of Brent Weinbach, comes his version of a human handshake. (psst, NSFW at end)
7) The 4th installment/episode of the This Better Be Funny Podcast (that’s our podcast) is here and if you’re wondering what it’s like being at an open mic as a comedian, listen to Jake Kroeger, Jeremy Paul, and guest Matt Champagne give you exactly how “out there” we all are as funny people.
8) Today’s Puddin’, “Alphabet”, is NSFW, but also explores class warfare, so that balances out.
9) Indeed, Thanks @AlfLamont…
11) OPEN MIC RUN (Beware as venues frequently cancel open mics during the holidays without notice)
WESTWOOD BREW CO 1097 Glendon Ave., Westwood, CA/Sign-up 7:30PM/Starts 8PM/lottery/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
AMSTERDAM CAFE 10905 Magnolia Blvd., North Hollywood, CA/Sign-up 6PM/Starts 6:30PM/first come, first served
TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA (Echo Park)/Starts 8PM/mixed mic
WESTSIDE COMEDY THEATER 1323-A 3rd St., Santa Monica, CA (in alley between 3rd St. Promenade and 4th St.)/Sign-up 9:45PM/Starts 10PM/lottery/$1 cover
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/bottled water and coffee provided
12) From what we understand, every comedy show that’s “Comedy on New Year’s Eve” should be promoted truthfully as “Comedy vs. New Year’s Eve”.