1) Portlandia made it in the New Yorker, but I have a feeling that’s not their version of “making it”.
4) Apparently Christmas for comedy fans isn’t over as Amazon has a bunch of cheap downloads for comedy albums from Louis CK, Bill Burr, Paul F. Tompkins, Jen Kirkman, Eddie Pepitone, Tim Minchin, and more. [via DriftRoberts]
5) Just like every holiday (just like we did over the last two days for Christmas), we’ll be assuming that there are no open mics in the LA area for comedians on New Year’s Eve or New Year’s Day. If this information is inaccurate, like always, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
6) Ryan Singer got everything he wanted for Christmas. EVERYTHING…
7) And so did, Jamie Lee, sort of, maybe, not really….
8) Today’s Puddin’ features James Urbaniak and Eddie Pepitone’s bible of alibis…
9) ON THE HORIZON
Nick Offerman’s “American Ham” @ Largo at the Coronet Theatre Fri. Jan. 13th 8:30PM $25
10) COMEDY CRAWL
Well, we thought that, at least, one of the normally scheduled weekly shows on Monday would be running tonight, but, man oh man, we thought wrong. However, tomorrow promises to be a great comedy night with Performance Anxiety and Moshe Kasher @ UCB.
11) OPEN MIC RUN (as it’s still the holiday season, please be aware that some of these open mics might be cancelled at the last minute)
CLUB 705 705 Pier Ave., Hermosa Beach, CA/Starts 7PM-ish/no purchase necessary/first come, first served
RAINBOW BAR & GRILL 9015 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Sign-up before 8PM/Starts 8:30PM/$2 cover/mixed mic
TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA/Starts 8PM/no purchase necessary/first come, first served
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/bottled water and coffee provided
12) Lakers lost and the Clippers won on opening day and there goes LA sports jokes for the next two weeks.