1) There’s a going to be a political comedy called Dog Fight with Will Ferrell, Zach Galifianakis, and, now Dan Aykroyd (via PCB). I guess that’s what happens when Bill Murray keeps ripping up new drafts of the new Ghostbusters movie.
2) Megan Amram writes two poems about Manischewitz and Abe Lincoln. That sounds like the holidays to me.
4) Serial Optimist chats with Riki Lindhome about Garfunkel & Oates, Scary F**ked Up Christmas, and fail safe gifts.
5) For those of you looking for the underground stars of Twitter, here’s Tracy Marquez’s 140 Underrated Tweeters List.
6) It’s one hell of a Puddin’ today with the 5 Second Film folks and James Urbaniak AND a special guest complete with accordion.
7) Below is a picture of a YouTube video with snowflakes generated through YouTube’s media player. A little much with the holiday cheer don’t ya think YouTube? (And yes, that’s Todd Barry trying to be an Advil spokesman)
8) Once again, tomorrow is Christmas Eve and the day after that is Christmas, which, sadly, we cannot celebrate the freedom of Christmas shopping being over, but, with that being said, we are going to assume all LA area open mics aren’t happening.
9) Two things that Los Angelenos, comedy involved or no, will be happy about: free rides on the Metro on Christmas Eve and the City of Los Angeles not issuing parking citations for street sweeping violations from Dec. 26th to Dec. 30th.
11) OPEN MIC RUN
SET LIST @ FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia, Burbank, CA/Sign-up 5PM/Starts 5:30PM/given “set list” of topics to do jokes off of/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/$4 min./first come, first served
SILVERLAKE LOUNGE 2906 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA (Silverlake)/Sign-up (lottery) 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/4 min./no purchase necessary
SUNSET GRILL 7439 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/one item min.
MAX BLOOM’S 200 N. Malden Ave., Fullerton, CA/Starts 7PM/booked show after/no purchase necessary???
HOLLYWOOD HOTEL 1160 N. Vermont Ave., Los Angeles, CA/Sign-up 6PM/Starts 7PM/5 min./first come, first served/one drink min.
GLENDALE DAYS INN 450 N. Pioneer Dr., Glendale, CA/Sign-up 7PM/Starts 8PM/No foul language/No purchase necessary/first come, first served???
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel, past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/first come, first served/coffee and bottled water available
HOLLYWOOD HOTEL 1160 N. Vermont Ave., Hollywood, CA/Sign-up 11PM/Starts MIDNIGHT/5 min./first come, first served/one drink min.
FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia Ave., Burbank, CA/Sign-up 10PM/Starts MIDNIGHT/lottery
11) Don’t worry, I’m going to make a 2011 Comedy List. That’s why there isn’t a Tip of the Hat this week.