2) Here’s first promo for this year’s Critic’s Choice Movie Awards hosted by Paul Scheer and Rob Huebel. Is this what award show hosting has been waiting for?
3) Merry Christmas from the Bachmanns (the Funny or Die version)!
4) For those in the know, R. Kelly has written several more chapters of Trapped in the Closet. They haven’t been made, so it’s not quite a Christmas present for us all, but he’s supposedly written them.
4) One of our favorite sketch groups, Birds of Prey, do their take on the Wrestler.
7) It’s the eve of the eve of Christmas Eve and just like every other major holiday that isn’t the best time for live comedy, we’re letting everyone know that we’re assuming all open mics in the Greater LA Area are cancelled for Christmas Eve and Christmas (the 24th & 25th/Sat. & Sun.). If there is, for some reason, an open mic for comics to perform at in LA on those two days please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
9) COMEDY CRAWL
Kool Thing @ Hollywood Improv Lab 8PM $10
The Josh & Josh Show: Happy HannaKwanzamas @ Bar Lubitsch 8:30PM FREE
The Comedy Palace @ The Palace Restaurant 9:30PM FREE
Hottt Newww Videooo!!! @ Hollywood Improv Lab 10:30PM $5
10) OPEN MIC RUN (due to holidays, some of these venues might cancel open mics at last minute)
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA 6PM/1 item min./first come, first served
HOLLYWOOD HOTEL 1160 N. Vermont Ave., Los Angeles, CA/Sign-up 6PM/Starts 7PM/5 min./first come, first served/one drink min.
CAFE ON 2ND 7 S. 2nd St., Alhambra, CA/Sign-up 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/first come, first served/10 min.
VINNY’S PIZZA 12740 Culver Blvd., Los Angeles, CA/Sign-up 7:30PM/Starts 8PM/first come, first served/No purchase necessary
SUNSET GRILL 7439 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/one item min.
TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA/Starts 8PM/mixed mic
CAFE UNURBAN 3301 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica, CA/Sign-up (lottery) 9PM/No purchase necessary
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel, past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/first come, first served/coffee and bottled water available
FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia Ave., Burbank, CA/Sign-up 11PM/Starts MIDNIGHT
11) And now the next era of sports jokes in LA may be ushered in by a bunch of poser Clipper fans claiming they told everyone “What did I tell you ‘bout Clipper Nation?”