1) For all these names to be stringed together in this Debriefing item is simply amazing. Last night, Joe Mande explains why Christian holidays rule and Patton Oswalt breaks down the logic of the Little Drummer Boy on Conan. Tonight, Marc Maron will stop by Conan (11PM TBS) and Louis CK will continue media domination on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (12:35AM NBC)
2) YouTube sensation Epic Meal Time to become a G4 Pilot. Anybody going to call this “The Miracle on G4 Street”? OK, we’ll not talk to anybody for the rest of the day.
4) Andy Peters and Justin Ian Daniels, two of the funniest folks we know that need to be known by more people NOW, started their own podcast on wrestling nostalgia, The Rough House. It’s the standard “dead inside” comment, if that doesn’t want to make you listen.
5) Jesse Thorn’s Maximum Fun is looking for interns…
6) The A.V. Club vote Louie and Parks and Recreation to top out their best TV of 2011.
7) Also, in the A.V. Club, some attention is overdue attention is paid to Eddie Pepitone and his album, A Great Stillness.
8) NY Magazine’s Vulture gathers “the 10 Best Descriptions of What Rooney Mara Looks Like in the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo”. Any comedians care to top those?
9) Today’s Puddin’-“Jingle Bells” outdoes any Mannheim Steamroller version of the song ever.
10) We do host a podcast, This Better Be Funny, that we’d like to prove the guests on the latest episode, Jim Bruce and Scott Yarborough, wrong in that nobody will listen to it.
11) ON THE HORIZON
Henson Alternative @ Irvine Barclay Theatre Dec. 28-Jan. 1 $38-$100
12) COMEDY CRAWL
Comedy Slice Christmas Special @ Hollywood Improv Lab 8PM $10
Frolic! @ Far Bar 9PM FREE
Conan Stand-up Showcase @ Flappers Burbank 10PM $12/2 item min.
13) OPEN MIC RUN
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/$4 min./first come, first served
SMILES NIGHTCLUB 13615 Ventura Blvd., Sherman Oaks, CA/Sign-up 5:45PM/Starts 6PM/first come, first served
THE SPOT CAFE 4455 Overland Ave., Culver City, CA/Starts 7PM/lottery/no purchase necessary
TICKLES COMEDY ROOM 10282 Chapman Ave., Garden Grove, CA/Starts 7PM/no purchase necessary
BRONSON’S 5851 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Sign-up 7PM/Starts 7:30PM/first come, first served/No purchase necessary
HOLLYWOOD HOTEL 1160 N. Vermont Ave., Hollywood, CA/Sign-up 7PM/Starts 7:30PM/5 min./first come, first served/one drink min.
GRINDHOUSE CAFE 1051 N. Havenhurst, West Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM
TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA/Starts 8PM/mixed mic
LIQUID ZOO 7214 Sepulveda Blvd., Van Nuys, CA/Sign-up 8:30PM/Starts 9PM/first come, first served/7 min.
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel, past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/first come, first served/coffee and bottled water available
FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia Ave., Burbank, CA/Sign-up 11PM/Starts MIDNIGHT
14) If you’re going to audibly say “EEWW!” to any bit of comedy during a live show, just know that you will be laughed at and not with.