2) After quoting themselves in their teaser, Tim and Eric do a fake promo featuring themselves before their red band trailer.
3) NY’s Chris Gethard of the late night variety show madness known as the Chris Gethard Show is coming out with a book entitled “A Bad Idea I’m About To: True Tales of Seriously Poor Judgment and Stunningly Awkward Adventure”. How can you not go for that?
4) We’re not going to delve into how you can do a lot of what you need to do/be in comedy without going to college because we don’t want to feel like you’re wasting money, but the Student Academy Awards did just open for submissions. [via ComicBible]
5) Also, on sale, today, DVDs and downloads of Cinematic Titanic LIVE, which is a live version of Mystery Science Theater 3000 minus costumes with the original cast and creator. Again, we ask, how can you not go for that?
5) Though you might be leery in CNN covering comedy, you need to be checking out their profile series of comedians they’ve been doing. There’s this nice one of Bill Burr discussing his conspiracy theorist past.
6) Why you gotta be like that @EveryTweet_Ever?
7) A track from Patrice O’Neal’s upcoming album has been released.
8) COMEDY CRAWL
Dead Authors @ UCB Theatre 6:30PM $5
Matt Champagne @ Flappers Claremont 8PM $15
Team Coco Live @ UCB Theatre 8PM $10
The 12 Shiny Nickels Show @ Hollywood Improv Lab 8:30PM $10
Really F*cking Great Show @ Fanatic Salon 9PM $10
Comedy Car Hole @ Comedy Car Hole 9PM FREE
The Also-Ran Comedy Hour @ Hollywood Improv Lab 10:30PM $5
9) OPEN MIC RUN
SET LIST @ FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia, Burbank, CA/Sign-up 5PM/Starts 5:30PM/given “set list” of topics to do jokes off of/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/$4 min./first come, first served
SILVERLAKE LOUNGE 2906 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA (Silverlake)/Sign-up (lottery) 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/4 min./no purchase necessary
SUNSET GRILL 7439 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/one item min.
MAX BLOOM’S 200 N. Malden Ave., Fullerton, CA/Starts 7PM/booked show after/no purchase necessary
HOLLYWOOD HOTEL 1160 N. Vermont Ave., Los Angeles, CA/Sign-up 6PM/Starts 7PM/5 min./first come, first served/one drink min.
AMSTERDAM CAFE 10905 Magnolia Blvd., North Hollywood, CA/Starts 6:30PM/Sign-up 6PM/first come, first served
GLENDALE DAYS INN 450 N. Pioneer Dr., Glendale, CA/Sign-up 7PM/Starts 8PM/No foul language/No purchase necessary/first come, first served
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel, past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/first come, first served/coffee and bottled water available
HOLLYWOOD HOTEL 1160 N. Vermont Ave., Hollywood, CA/Sign-up 11PM/Starts MIDNIGHT/5 min./first come, first served/one drink min.
FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia Ave., Burbank, CA/Sign-up 10PM/Starts MIDNIGHT/lottery
10) I don’t know if I’ve said this already, but one of the things, if I so had the power, I’d change in the entertainment biz would be standing in an informal line to talk to somebody at anything. I don’t have a solution, but it’s weird and makes everyone waiting feel stupid.