1) NBC buys family comedy from Kelly Oxford and the blogosphere rejoices.
2) Drunk History does Christmas with Allan McLeod, Ryan Gosling, Jim Carrey, and Eva Mendes and all is right with the world (at least while you’re watching the video, that is).
3) Check out the winners for Laughspin’s 2011 Reader’s Choice Awards.
4) Tonight, both David Wain and Billy Eichner (Fuse TV’s Billy on the Street) will be on Last Call with Carson Daly (1:35AM NBC), then, also, both Patton Oswalt and comedian Joe Mande will be on Conan (11PM TBS).
6) New trailer for Will Ferrell’s Casa De Mi Padre that sounds reminiscent of Conando.
7) Kurt Braunohler moves on from the world of animals to the Secrets of America (yes, it’s a new web series of facts about America that may or may not be true, but are always really f’n funny).
8) Louis CK gets to headline the 68th Annual Radio & Television Congressional Correspondents’ Dinner where CK will hopefully outdo Seth Meyers in making someone scowl like Donald Trump while everyone else is laughing.
9) The arrival of the Dark Knight Rises trailer means only one thing: Another sketch with Pete Holmes as Batman.
11) COMEDY CRAWL
C-Spot @ Best Fish Taco in Ensenada 7PM FREE
The 4 & 20 @ All Star Lanes 8PM FREE
The Good Luck Show @ Good Luck Bar 8PM FREE
The Dork Forest Live @ Nerdist Theater 8PM $10
Ballgame’s Laugh Lounge @ Red Rock Bar & Eatery 8PM FREE
Robert Buscemi’s Album Taping @ Downtown Independent Theater 9PM FREE
12) OPEN MIC RUN
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/first come, first served/$5 min.
AMSTERDAM CAFE 10905 Magnolia Blvd., North Hollywood, CA/Sign-up 6PM/Starts 6:30PM/first come, first served
WESTWOOD BREW CO 1097 Glendon Ave., Westwood, CA/Sign-up 7:30PM/Starts 8PM/lottery/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA (Echo Park)/Starts 8PM/mixed mic
WESTSIDE COMEDY THEATER 1323-A 3rd St., Santa Monica, CA (in alley between 3rd St. Promenade and 4th St.)/Sign-up 9:45PM/Starts 10PM/lottery/$1 cover
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/bottled water and coffee provided
13) I’m thankful that my family isn’t to comedy so they don’t have to tell me what jokes I should be doing.