1) It’s been found! Patton Oswalt’s appearance on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson where Ferguson they delve into the existence of God and the Oscars. Already found: Patton Oswalt on NPR.
2) Also, in Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson news, John Hodgman appeared earlier this week and, like Oswalt, talk about religion, though, on his turn, about the Church of Satan.
4) We updated our calendars page to have the New Beverly Cinema and Cinefamily @ The Silent Movie Theatre because uniquely funny stuff happens there on a semi-regular basis. Did you even know that we have a page that links to every LA comedy venue’s calendar page?
5) Go see Young Adult. We were able to afford to see a movie this month and it was hilarious, heartbreaking, incredibly gratifying, and, at times, discomforting (in the way that well crafted comedy should be). Also, it’s pretty funny that Patrick Wilson will probably never break out of his old prom king role.
6) Jim Hamilton makes the best faces, especially when paired with a Christmas sweater.
7) Seriously, why isn’t Jackie Kashian on a Best of 2011 list… of any kind?
8) ON THE HORIZON
Robert Buscemi Album Taping @ Downtown Independent Tues. Dec. 20th 9PM FREE
9) COMEDY CRAWL
Jeffrey Ross @ Brea Improv 7PM $22/2 item min.
ASSSSCAT @ UCB Theatre 7:30PM FREE
French Toast @ Taix 8:30PM FREE
Top Story Weekly @ iO West 9PM $5
Powerviolence @ The Complex 9PM FREE
Jeselnik & Co. @ UCB Theatre 9:30PM $5 (stand by only)
Deskpiece Nation @ iO West 10PM $5
Shitty Jobs @ UCB Theatre 11PM $5 (stand by only)
10) OPEN MIC RUN
PALMS 8572 Santa Monica Blvd., West Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/lottery
PARADISE PERKS 15475 Jeffrey Rd., Irvine, CA/Sign-up 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/only 10 spots available
NERDIST THEATER 7522 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (back room of Meltdown Comics)/Sign-up 7:15PM/Starts 7:30PM/lottery/30 spots available/no purchase necessary
TSUNAMEDY @ TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA (Echo Park)/Sign-up 8PM/Starts 9PM/first come, first served/mixed mic
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5/multiple sets allowed/bottled water and coffee available
11) “Everyone in LA, where the hell are you going that is exactly where I’m going making me relapse into a fit of unnecessary road rage.”-Everyone going to the Grove right now.