1) Before the results are revealed on Monday, get your votes in for The Laughspin 2011 Reader’s Choice Comedy Awards. It really does mean a lot to whoever wins.
2) Why wouldn’t there be Louis CK fan art?
3) For those of you unaware (or just forgotten the deadline), there’s still ample time to get in submissions for the NYTVF’s Comedy Central Short Pilot Contest. On a much more broader note, the Beverly Hills Film Festival is taking submissions.
4) Since we are in the thick of the holiday season and many folks are going home from LA (because very few people are “from here”), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org in regards to whether, if you host an open mic, are going to actively do so over the next two weeks.
5) On a related note, the Redwood Bar in Downtown has an open mic now?
6) Once and for all, we get the full story on Brody Stevens over the last year and why we’re glad to have him back on the scene in LA Weekly.
7) The Channel 101 community outdoes the red carpet of most awards ceremonies at the 2011 Channel 101 Channy Awards at the Downtown Independent Theater.
8) ON THE HORIZON
Conan Stand-up Showcase @ Flappers Burbank Wed. Dec. 21st 10PM $12/2 item min.
9) COMEDY CRAWL
Jeffrey Ross @ Brea Improv 7PM/9PM $22/2 item min.
ASSSSCAT @ UCB Theatre 8PM $10 (stand by only)
Handshucked @ Moving Arts Theater 8PM $5
The Anytime Show w/Dominic Dierkes & Guest Kevin Eastman @ Underground Annex Theater 8PM $5
The Brendon Small Secret Experimental Show @ The Steve Allen Theater 8PM $10-$300
Jackie Kashian @ Flappers Burbank 8PM $17/2 item min. 10PM $39/2 item min.
Lost Moon Radio @ Club Fais-Do-Do 8:30PM $13-$25
The Paul F. Tompkins Show @ Largo at the Coronet Theatre 8:30PM $25 (stand by only)
Hour of Power: Presented by Devastator @ Hollywood Improv Lab 10PM $10
Sappity Tappity: A Drunken Romp Through Liquor Forest @ UCB Theatre 10PM $10
Tournament of Nerds: Holiday Smackdown @ UCB Theatre MIDNIGHT $5 (stand by only)
10) OPEN MIC RUN
SPOT CAFE 4455 Overland Ave., Culver City, CA/Starts 2PM/feedback given at end
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/coffee & water provided
WESTSIDE COMEDY THEATER 1323-A 3rd St. Promenade, Santa Monica, CA (in alley between 3rd and 4th St.)/Sign-up (lottery) 6PM/Starts 6:30PM/no purchase necessary/4 min.
FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia Ave., Burbank, CA/Sign-up 10PM/Starts MIDNIGHT/lottery
11) For next year’s Art Basel, a live performance installation should have a lone comedian at an open mic of a sparsely attended dive bar with Telemundo’s Christmas specials playing in the background. That would probably one of the most heart-wrenching pieces on display.