1) Andy Kindler answers only one question on CNN Comedy.
2) Here’s Michel Gondry’s version of Taxi Driver in less than 3 minutes. For those still mad at Be Kind Rewind and Science of Sleep, just watch the damn thing and enjoy yourself.
3) Bill Hicks’ birthday would have been today, so commemorate it by perhaps downloading some of his early, early stuff on 12/16/61.
4) Pics from the 2011 Comedy Bang Bang Nativity Pageant at the Ricardo Montalban Theatre made it into LA Weekly.
5) So, the Party Down movie is close to happening, but David Cross has his reservations about Arrested Development’s return? What gives universe?
6) Today, Amy Poehler will be on The Ellen Degeneres Show (4PM KNBC)
8) Fast Company like the odds for @RobDelaney, both the comedian and the Comedy Central Pilot.
9) The belated Tip of the Hat this week goes to the hilarious and electrifying Lizzy Cooperman.
10) COMEDY CRAWL
Dan Cummins @ Hollywood Improv 8PM $18/2 item min.
Small and Tall Tales @ UCB Theatre 8PM $10
Sarah Silverman & Friends @ Largo at the Coronet Theatre 8PM $25
Memories From the Happy House @ Nerdist Theater 8PM $10
Jeffrey Ross @ Brea Improv 8PM/10PM $22/2 item min.
Re-Animator Songbook Performance @ Steve Allen Theater 8PM $35-$300
Jackie Kashian @ Flappers Burbank 8PM/10PM $17/2 item min.
The 12 Shiny Nickels @ Hollywood Improv Lab 8:30PM $10
Lost Moon Radio @ Club Fais-Do-Do 8:30PM $13-$25
Count Creepula’s Horrifically Holiday Improvised Movie @ Hollywood Improv Lab 10:30PM 10:30PM $5
Bill Hicks’ Ninja Bachelor Party Screening Cinefamily Fundraiser @ The Comedy Store 11:30PM $10
11) OPEN MIC RUN
SET LIST @ FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia, Burbank, CA/Sign-up 5PM/Starts 5:30PM/given “set list” of topics to do jokes off of/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/$4 min./first come, first served
SILVERLAKE LOUNGE 2906 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA (Silverlake)/Sign-up (lottery) 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/4 min./no purchase necessary
SUNSET GRILL 7439 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/one item min.
MAX BLOOM’S 200 N. Malden Ave., Fullerton, CA/Starts 7PM/booked show after/no purchase necessary
HOLLYWOOD HOTEL 1160 N. Vermont Ave., Los Angeles, CA/Sign-up 6PM/Starts 7PM/5 min./first come, first served/one drink min.
GLENDALE DAYS INN 450 N. Pioneer Dr., Glendale, CA/Sign-up 7PM/Starts 8PM/No foul language/No purchase necessary/first come, first served
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel, past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/first come, first served/coffee and bottled water available
HOLLYWOOD HOTEL 1160 N. Vermont Ave., Hollywood, CA/Sign-up 11PM/Starts MIDNIGHT/5 min./first come, first served/one drink min.
FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia Ave., Burbank, CA/Sign-up 10PM/Starts MIDNIGHT/lottery
12) Anyone going to make Christopher Hitchens jokes? A considerable percentage that answers “no” to that question are incredibly hypocritical.