1) STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING RIGHT NOW (Yes, that means breathing too) and watch Asterios Kokkinos do the world’s first 3D stand-up set. (Note: You don’t need the glasses to laugh)
2) Louis CK gives Jay Leno probably one of his best interviews all year in parts one, two, and three. Tonight, John Hodgman (who was hilarious on the Daily Show last night) will be on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (CBS 12:35AM)
3) Mike Bridenstine and Mike Burns’ Gentlemen Scumbags podcast is coming out with a “ "Best of” album soon. You’re probably going to get an iTunes Card for Christmas and this is a good way to spend it.
4) The Golden Globe nominations came out today and we could not, for the life of us, remember what Episodes and Enlightened were until the images of their billboards popped in our heads. Also, we yelled at our computer (we only have one of those) a lot for the obvious snubs and confusing choices in what got nominated for comedy (slash musicals, because those are pretty much the same thing, right?).
6) Dave Ross should really be sponsored by Vans. Here are his reasons why.
7) Bill Cosby will be inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame. Despite what you think of his politics, it’s well deserved.
8) Just a semi-friendly reminder, Don’t Steal from Louis CK.
9) COMEDY CRAWL
The Super Serious Show @ Smashbox Studios 7PM $15
The Smartest Man in the World LIVE w/Greg Proops @ Bar Lubistch 7PM FREE
Westside Comedy Laugh Party @ Westside Comedy Theater 8PM $10
Third Annual Best Doorknockers Christmas Pageant Ever! @ Steve Allen Theater 8PM $10-$300
Risk! A Storytelling Show @ Nerdist Theater 8PM $10
Lost Moon Radio @ Club Fais-Do-Do 8:30PM $13-$25
The Josh & Josh Show @ Bar Lubitsch 8:30PM FREE
Odd Thursdays @ The Palace Restaurant 9PM FREE
Mapping the Heavens @ UCB Theatre 9:30PM $5
The Comedy Garage: 6th Annual Christmas Sweater Party @ Monkspace 10PM $5
10) OPEN MIC RUN
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA 6PM/1 item min./first come, first served
HOLLYWOOD HOTEL 1160 N. Vermont Ave., Los Angeles, CA/Sign-up 6PM/Starts 7PM/5 min./first come, first served/one drink min.
ZAPATA VIVE 101 S. First Ave., Arcadia, CA/Sign-up (lottery) 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/20 spots available/5 min.
SANDWICH SPOT 3101 Ocean Park Ave., Santa Monica, CA/Sign-up 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/first come, first served
CAFE ON 2ND 7 S. 2nd St., Alhambra, CA/Sign-up 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/first come, first served/10 min.
SUNSET GRILL 7439 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/one item min.
TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA/Starts 8PM/mixed mic
CAFE UNURBAN 3301 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica, CA/Sign-up (lottery) 9PM/No purchase necessary
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel, past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/first come, first served/coffee and bottled water available
FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia Ave., Burbank, CA/Sign-up 11PM/Starts MIDNIGHT
11) There’s nothing quite like the wide range of comedians leaving a venue all the way from taking three hours to say goodbye/get another joke in all the way to slipping off like self-involved ninjas.