1) Tonight on late night TV, Andy Kaufman Award winner Nick Vatterott will be doing one hell of a set (we saw it last night and we’ll just leave it at “it’s amazing”) and Nick Frost will stop by on Conan (TBS 11PM), Jason Reitman will be on The Tonight Show (NBC 11:35PM), and Bill Hader will chat with David Letterman on the Late Show (CBS 11:35PM).
2) The nominations for the Critic’s Choice Awards, of which Paul Scheer and Rob Huebel will be hosting, give plenty of love to the Descendants, Midnight in Paris, and Young Adult.
3) One of our favorite web series that puts the reality series “Who the Bleep Did I Marry?”, “Ted and Gracie” with Jena Friedman and Ben Kronberg rolled out its hilarious next episode.
4) As we’ve said before, comedy in print isn’t dead! Look out for Fortunate Soldier with the likes of Matt Braunger, Kyle Kinane, and more adding to its pages.
5) Seth Rogen has been asked to host the Independent Spirit Awards. Perhaps, Scheer and Huebel along with their hosting of the Critics Choice Awards can have an indie awards cage match?
6) Improv Everywhere is getting a documentary made about them and that documentary needs help. Watch the trailer and you’ll agree.
7) “Inside the LA comedy scene with the Comedy Store’s Alf Lamont” a recent interview for KPCC. If you don’t know who Alf Lamont is, read up. It’s important.
8) Here’s our thoughts on the Black List, the annual collection of the “most-liked” screenplays in 2011 that aren’t in production. Also, Ben Schwartz and Morgan Murphy & Ali Waller have scripts on there.
9) NitTwits bring a great Danny Zuker tweet about reading your child’s diary to their burgeoning series.
10) ON THE HORIZON
Robert Buscemi 2nd Stand-up Album Taping @ Downtown Independent Theater Tues. Dec. 20th 9PM FREE
12) COMEDY CRAWL
The 2011 Comedy Bang Bang Nativity Pageant @ Ricardo Montalban Theatre 7PM $30-$100
Comedy Night w/Singer, Kashian, Wengert, and more @ Three of Clubs 7:30PM FREE
Performance Anxiety @ The Pleasure Chest 8PM $7
Justin Willman’s Magic Meltdown @ Nerdist Theater 8PM $10
Blamblamblam! @ R-Bar 9PM FREE
Holy Fuck @ Downtown Independent Theater 9PM FREE
Public School Stories @ M Bar 9PM No cover/$10 min.
The OkCupid Show @ UCB Theatre 9:30PM $5
13) OPEN MIC RUN
AMSTERDAM CAFE 10905 Magnolia Blvd., North Hollywood, CA/Sign-up 6PM/Starts 6:30PM/first come, first served
WESTWOOD BREW CO 1097 Glendon Ave., Westwood, CA/Sign-up 7:30PM/Starts 8PM/lottery/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
VINNY’S PIZZA 12740 Culver Blvd., Los Angeles, CA/Sign-up 8PM/Starts 8:30PM/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA (Echo Park)/Starts 8PM/mixed mic
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 8PM/first come, first served/$4 min.
WESTSIDE COMEDY THEATER 1323-A 3rd St., Santa Monica, CA (in alley between 3rd St. Promenade and 4th St.)/Sign-up 9:45PM/Starts 10PM/lottery/$1 cover
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/bottled water and coffee provided
14) Really Nightline? You intro’d your piece on Louis CK with “So a guy walks into a bar..”? Please catch up to the rest of comedy.