1) From what we know, Comedy Central’s got a real good roster of specials coming up, starting with John Mulaney Jan. 28th 10PM.
2) Brent Weinbach will be live taping his next album at the UCB Theatre LA on Jan. 28th and we should all be in attendance because something hilarious in a way we never thought of ever is going to happen.
3) Finally, the late night talk show circuit resumes and tonight the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson has both Tim Meadows and Myq Kaplan (CBS 12:35AM)
4) A full episode of the new season of Portlandia? 2011 should be taking notes on how to start a year off.
5) Yes, though belated, A Drink With Dave delivered their Christmas special with Damien Fahey, Alie & Georgia, and more.
6) Who is Jake Fogelnest? Study up (it’s a short doc on Fogelnest trying to revive his show Squirt TV featuring Sarah Silverman, Andy Richter, and comedy faces/voices you’re probably familiar with) then follow his internet postings and never-ending fight against non-things/sea punks.
7) WordPress loses more ground to Tumblr as Paul F. Tompkins has taken the side of the Tumbls. Follow him now, even if you have to join Tumblr to do so.
8) Our 100 Best Things in Comedy We Were Witness To In No Particular Order of 2011 includes anything from Jon Stewart’s pizza rant to Aubrey Plaza being awkward on the late night talk circuit to Eddie Pepitone dominating to the World’s 1st 3D Stand-up Set to several other things that need to be on other comedy lists in 2012.
10) OPEN MIC RUN
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/$4 min./first come, first served
RED ROCK 8782 W. Sunset Blvd., West Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/first come, first served
PALACE RESTAURANT 2112 Hillhurst Ave., Los Angeles, CA (Los Feliz)/Sign-up 7:30PM/Starts 8PM/lottery
RAINBOW BAR & GRILL 9015 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Sign-up before 8PM/Starts 8:30PM/$2 cover/mixed mic
TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA/Starts 8PM/no purchase necessary/first come, first served
PETIE’S PLACE 6025 Reseda Blvd., Tarzana, CA/Sign-up 8:30PM/Starts 9PM/one drink min./first come, first served
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/bottled water and coffee provided
11) I saw Chipwrecked and couldn’t come up with one joke that I liked because that’s how jokes about bad movies usually work.