1) And the winners for the 2011 Channel 101 Channy Awards are… [via @Channel101]
Best Failed Pilot: Jamestrain
Best Special FX: The Sequence
Best Animation: McBusters
Best Production Design: Googy
Best Supporting Female Performance: Kate Freund, Intimate Indiscretions
Best Supporting Male Performance: Kumail Nanjiani, Googy
Best Editing: Aaron Moles, The Sequence
Best Cinematography: Mike Manasewitsch, Googy
Sexiest Moment: Intimate Indiscretions
Best Action: Kate Freund & Ryan Nagata, Legend of the White Tiger
Best Male Performance: Demorge Brown, Gumbel
Best Female Performance: Jae Suh, Sex Teenagers
Lifetime Achievement: Sevan Najarian
Best Writing: Paul Isakson & Tom Kaufman, Sex Teenagers
Best Directing: Mike Manesewitsch & Willy Roberts, Googy
Best Show: Googy
If you’ve never seen any of these, go to Channel101.com and catch the F up.
2) The SF Sketchfest/San Francisco Comedy Festival tickets are now on sale and some shows are already selling out. Damn you people with money!!!
3) The rumors are true: There will be an Eddie Pepitone documentary. That’s a start in making up for him being cut from the Muppets.
5) Yeah, Don’t torrent Louis CK’s Live at the Beacon Theater. In fact, don’t torrent anything. Go to the fucking record store and buy records (mostly so we have someone to talk to at the comedy section).
6) ON THE HORIZON
The Comedy Garage 6th Annual Christmas Sweater & Mustache Party @ Monkspace Thurs. Dec. 15th 10PM $5
7) COMEDY CRAWL
Clownvis @ Redwood Bar 3PM $3
Bill Burr @ Brea Improv 7PM $22/2 item min.
ASSSSCAT @ UCB Theatre 7:30PM FREE
I’m Going Somewhere With This: A Storytelling Show @ The Mint 8PM $10
French Toast @ Taix 8:30PM FREE
Top Story Weekly! w/guest Jim Hamilton @ iO West 9PM $5
Neal Brennan & Friends @ Westside Comedy Theater 9PM $5
Powerviolence @ The Complex 9PM FREE
Shitty Jobs @ UCB Theatre 11PM $5 (stand by only)
8) OPEN MIC RUN
SUNDAY SKETCH SHOW @ WESTSIDE COMEDY THEATER 1323-A 3rd St., Santa Monica, CA (in alley between 3rd St. Promenade and 4th St.)/open mic for sketches only/no purchase necessary/sign-up in advance firstname.lastname@example.org
NERDIST THEATER 7522 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (back room of Meltdown Comics)/Sign-up 7:15PM/Starts 7:30PM/lottery/30 spots available/no purchase necessary
TSUNAMEDY @ TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA (Echo Park)/Sign-up 8PM/Starts 9PM/first come, first served/mixed mic
HOLLYWOOD IMPROV 8162 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Sign-up (lottery) 9PM/Starts 9:30PM/no purchase necessary
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5/multiple sets allowed/bottled water and coffee available
9) It is amazing how high the number of Los Angelenos is that you have to explain that there was an actual shooting with a gun in Hollywood as opposed to a film shoot. It’s either that or we’ve all become that jaded with an ever-present deathwish.