2) The world of Twitter, and the whole world for that matter, should thank Neil Hamburger for perpetuating the trending topic on #AXESnoConeFlavors (read AXE SnoCone Flavors), the way they ought to be like “Value Gin and Despair”.
3) Last night, Nick Kroll talks about crapping his pants on Conan and Bill Cosby uncovers the great mystery of making the best stuffing for turkey on Leno. Tonight, Zooey Deschanel, Harland Williams, and Laurie Kilmartin cap off a near perfect week on Conan (TBS 11PM).
4) Accolades in the world of comedy went all around yesterday as Weird Al Yankovic got his due in Grammy nominations, Tim & Eric/Nick Offerman/Susan Burke/Lizzy Caplan/more made it into 2012 Sundance, and Beginners gets plenty of well-deserved praise in multiple nominations at the Spirit Awards.
5) Wanna be an audience member at one of the upcoming tapings for the Nerdist on BBC this Sun.?
6) “Death to Bringer Shows” by Barbara Gray. Please read and pass along.
7) Steve Benaquist goes as a Bank of America employee canvassing Occupy LA and makes sure, despite the gravity of the events taking place, we don’t lose ourselves in being too serious.
8) GQ asks Parks and Recreation’s Jean-Ralphio about being a guy…
9) Just because you don’t have an office because you’re a comedian doesn’t mean you there won’t be a toy drive to go to this holiday season. Friday Dec. 16th at All Star Lanes in Eagle Rock from 7PM-2AM, there’ll be just such an office party/toy drive presented by Brandie Posey.
10) If you’re like us and like hilarious and dark, then you’ll like the NY based web series “It Gets Betterish”.
12) ON THE HORIZON
The 1988 Nakatomi Corporation Christmas Party @ UCB Theatre Mon. Dec. 12th 11PM $5
2011 Comedy Bang Bang Nativity Pageant @ UCB Theatre Tues. Dec. 13th 7PM
13) COMEDY CRAWL
Gallows Humor @ Vlad’s the Retailer 7:30PM $5
Smoke.Worry.Fuck @ UCB Theatre 8PM $5
Two Thumbs Way Down @ Nerdist Theater 8PM $10
Doug Stanhope @ Brea Improv 8PM $25/2 item min.
Gonzo V: The Turduckening @ L Bar 8PM FREE
The Eddie Pepitone Bloodbath & CD Release @ Hollywood Improv Lab 8:30PM $5
The Josh & Josh Show @ Bar Lubitsch 8:30PM FREE
Odd Thursdays @ The Palace Restaurant 9PM FREE
How to Live with Chelsea Peretti @ UCB Theatre 9:30PM $5 (stand by only)
14) OPEN MIC RUN
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA 6PM/1 item min./first come, first served
HOLLYWOOD HOTEL 1160 N. Vermont Ave., Los Angeles, CA/Sign-up 6PM/Starts 7PM/5 min./first come, first served/one drink min.
ZAPATA VIVE 101 S. First Ave., Arcadia, CA/Sign-up (lottery) 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/20 spots available/5 min.
COFEE BEAN 16101 Ventura Blvd., Encino, CA, Suite 180/Starts 7PM/mixed mic/no purchase necessary
SANDWICH SPOT 3101 Ocean Park Ave., Santa Monica, CA/Sign-up 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/first come, first served
CAFE ON 2ND 7 S. 2nd St., Alhambra, CA/Sign-up 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/first come, first served/10 min.
SUNSET GRILL 7439 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/one item min.
TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA/Starts 8PM/mixed mic
VINNY’S PIZZA 12740 Culver Blvd., Los Angeles, CA/Starts 8PM/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
CAFE UNURBAN 3301 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica, CA/Sign-up (lottery) 9PM/No purchase necessary
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel, past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/first come, first served/coffee and bottled water available
FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia Ave., Burbank, CA/Sign-up 11PM/Starts MIDNIGHT
15) It’s best to not hand jokes on a notecard to people that don’t think you’re funny unless giving people more reason to hate you is “your thing”.