1) Comedy Central goes for a 2nd round with the Comedy Awards…
3) Nick Vatterott joins the ranks of Reggie Watts, Kristen Schaal, and Brent Weinbach by taking home the Andy Kaufman Award.
4) FoD enlists Mike Tyson as Herman Cain. Bye Wednesday.
5) The more than formidable comedy duo of Erin Gibson and Bryan Safi start their own podcast Throwing Shade.
6) The legend is true… James Adomian does an impression of Kyle Kinane reading Rorshach’s Diary.
7) We had a lovely chat with prodigy in comedy, Shelby Fero.
9) ON THE HORIZON
Henson Alternative’s Stuffed & Unstrung @ Largo at the Coronet Theatre Thurs. Nov. 17th 8PM $40
Variety’s Power of Comedy NFF Benefit @ The Comedy Store Sat. Nov. 19th 8PM $55-$350
10) COMEDY CRAWL
Persona! @ Hollywood Improv Lab 8PM $5
Meltdown @ Nerdist Theater 8:30PM $8
The Good Bits @ WitZend 9PM $5
Venice Underground @ Townhouse & Del Monte 9PM FREE
Beer in the Shower @ Dreams Cafe & Bar 9:30PM FREE
Facebook @ UCB Theatre 9:30PM $5 (stand by only)
Dot Comedy @ Hollywood Laugh Factory 10PM $20-$30/2 drink min.
The Anna Lee Lawson Comedy Hour @ Next Stage Theater 11PM $5
11) OPEN MIC RUN
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/$4 min./first come, first served
THE SPOT CAFE 4455 Overland Ave., Culver City, CA/Starts 7PM/lottery
HOLLYWOOD HOTEL 1160 N. Vermont Ave., Hollywood, CA/Sign-up 7PM/Starts 7:30PM/5 min./first come, first served/one drink min.
GRINDHOUSE CAFE 1051 N. Havenhurst, West Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM
TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA/Starts 8PM/mixed mic
LIBRARY A COFFEE HOUSE 3418 Broadway, Long Beach, CA/Sign-up 8PM/Starts 8:30PM
LIQUID ZOO 7214 Sepulveda Blvd., Van Nuys, CA/Sign-up 8:30PM/Starts 9PM/first come, first served/7 min.
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel, past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/first come, first served/coffee and bottled water available
FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia Ave., Burbank, CA/Sign-up 11PM/Starts MIDNIGHT
12) Said to me last night at a mic, “You’re not gay. You looked at my tits,” which really bothered me until she asked the host, “Hey, you should put me up soon. I have tits.”