1) Charlyne Yi and the Old Lumps, now available on iTunes, meaning you should go iTunes and then check them out (after reading the rest of this post that is)
3) FOR ONE NIGHT ONLY THIS WEEK: Greg Barris’ Heart of Darkness @ Burbank Moose Lodge 9PM Fri. Jan. 21st $5 and Beards of Comedy Tour @ Meltdown Comics w/Kyle Kinane 8:30PM Sat. Jan. 22nd $10. I wouldn’t be telling you about these shows this far in advance if I didn’t think they were worth going to.
4) Yes, that’s the sound of Big Trouble in Little Tokyo Open Mic coming your way again (just imagine the sound of something awe inspiring). This Tues. Jan 18th THE WALSH BROTHERS and GREG BARRIS!!!! Señor Fish, 422 E. 1st St., Los Angeles, CA. Sign-up 6:30PM. Starts 7PM.
5) Tonight’s COMEDY CRAWL-GO-the Golden Globes results will be on Twitter.
Jim Jeffries @ Brea Improv 7PM $20/2 item min.
ASSSSCAT @ UCB THEATRE 7:30PM FREE
Comedy Without a Cause @ Boardner’s in Hollywood 8PM FREE
French Toast @ Taix 8:30PM FREE
6) OPEN MIC RUN:
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/one item min.
PALMS 8572 Santa Monica Blvd., West Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM
SUNSET GRILL 7439 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/one item min.
TSUNAMEDY @ TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA (Echo Park)/Starts 8PM/mixed mic
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/5PM to 11PM/$5/multiple sets allowed
7) The Comedy Bureau “Tips Its Hat” today to ROBERT BUSCEMI-“@robertbuscemi No man is an island. Though congrats on getting one you can’t escape from named after yourself, Gilligan.” Taking you on wild ride of absurdist imagery with a painfully clever wit, Robert Buscemi is certainly an act that should be seen as much as possible to veritably “lost” in laughter. Twitter. Blog. Check back at the Comedy Bureau for show dates.
8) From the “You Should Have Been There” Lagoon: Ricky Gervais Takes His Emmy Back (hope something like this happens tonight)
9) What It’s like at the end of the day of the Comedy Bureau: “Night, Jake.” “Night, Jake.” “Yeah, good night to you too Jake.” “Don’t forget to restock the ink cartridges, Jake.” “We don’t have a printer, JAKE!” “Go buy one, Jake” “GO SHOVE IT JAKE!” “See you tommorow, Jake.” “Yep.”
THE COMEDY BUREAU/@thecomedybureau