1) Bill Cosby demands applause on Letterman and deservedly so.
2) Charlie Day will be hosting SNL tonight (NBC 11:30PM). Tune in. That’s what we’re doing.
3) John Hodgman apparently brought his ferret skeleton to his interview with LA Weekly.
4) What’s that? A new weekly open mic in Hollywood? in a comedy venue? That’s right. Bang Comedy Theater has a weekly new open mic for comics every Friday starting at 5:30PM; no purchase necessary.
5) What’s What gives us a better way to watch the upcoming Adam Sandler vehicle Jack & Jill.
6) Raunchy Comedy + Campaign Fundraisers for City Elections + “Controversial” Churches = Trouble in Cerritos.
7) COMEDY CRAWL
Jimmy Pardo Hosting Charity Auction @ Amoeba Records 4PM FREE
Jim Gaffigan @ Club Nokia 7PM/9:30PM $29-$49
Dave Attell @ Irvine Improv 7PM/9PM $25/2 item min.
ASSSSCAT @ UCB Theatre 8PM $10 (stand by only)
Mo Mandel @ Hollywood Improv 8PM $18/2 item min.
Bill Maher @ Gibson Amphitheater 8PM $25-$90
Two-Headed Beast: A Storytelling Show @ Stories, Books, & Cafe 8PM FREE
The Thrilling Adventure Hour @ Largo at the Coronet Theatre 8:30PM $25 (stand by only)
The Midnight Show @ UCB Theatre MIDNIGHT $5 (stand by only)
The Tomorrow Show Presents 5 Minutes or Die @ Steve Allen Theater MIDNIGHT $8
8) OPEN MIC RUN
SPOT CAFE 4455 Overland Ave., Culver City, CA/Starts 2PM/feedback given at end
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/coffee & water provided
DANGERFIELD’S 2 2860 Glenview Ave., Los Angeles, CA/Sign-up 6PM/Starts 7PM/5 min./first come, first served/no purchase necessary
WESTSIDE COMEDY THEATER 1323-A 3rd St. Promenade, Santa Monica, CA (in alley between 3rd and 4th St.)/Sign-up (lottery) 6PM/Starts 6:30PM/no purchase necessary/4 min.
SUNSET GRILL 7439 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/one item min.
FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia Ave., Burbank, CA/Sign-up 10PM/Starts MIDNIGHT/lottery
9) Despite the mild showers yesterday, one could see that sun was still shining brightly in Los Angeles, which could possibly be the karmic response for any LA transplant that makes fun of their hometown’s weather.