1) The news that Marc Maron pilot might go somewhere was good enough for us, but possibly going to IFC has made our Friday.
3) If you didn’t bother watching CK on Conan, you might have not found out that CK’s new special WORD will be released exclusively through his website LouisCK.net for $5.
4) Spin Magazine names the 40 Greatest Comedy Albums of All Time… and let the arguing and trolling begin.
6) Parks and Rec expands to having a web series…
7) In case you haven’t notice Asterios Kokkinos has been killing all things Internet with the funniest Whitney sign, a PDF on 50s “seduction technology”, and listing what status updates will get you unfriended by him on FB.
8) Thanks to LA Weekly, The Heart, She Holler makes a little more sense.
12) ON THE HORIZON
Holy Fuck 2 Year Anniversary @ Downtown Independent Theater Tues. Nov. 15th 9PM FREE
Eric Andre Comedy Central Taping @ Bar Lubitsch Thurs. Nov. 17th 8:30PM
Channel 101 Channy Awards @ Downtown Independent Theater Sat. Dec. 10th
13) COMEDY CRAWL
Dead Authors @ UCB Theatre 6:30PM $5
The W. Kamau Bell Curve: Apologies @ The Promenade Playhouse 7PM/9PM $10
Dave Attell @ Irvine Improv 8PM/10PM $25/2 item min.
This Feels Terrible @ UCB Theatre 8PM $10
The 12 Shiny Nickels Show @ Hollywood Improv Lab 8:30PM $10
Maria Bamford “CD Run” @ Fake Gallery 8:30PM $5
John Hodgman’s “That Is All” Book Release w/Special Guests @ Largo at the Coronet Theatre 8:30PM $35
14) OPEN MIC RUN
SET LIST @ FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia, Burbank, CA/Sign-up 5PM/Starts 5:30PM/given “set list” of topics to do jokes off of/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
BANG COMEDY THEATER 457 N. Fairfax Ave., Los Angeles, CA/Starts 5:30PM/no purchase necessary
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/$4 min./first come, first served
SILVERLAKE LOUNGE 2906 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA (Silverlake)/Sign-up (lottery) 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/4 min./no purchase necessary
SUNSET GRILL 7439 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/one item min.
MAX BLOOM’S 200 N. Malden Ave., Fullerton, CA/Starts 7PM/booked show after/no purchase necessary
HOLLYWOOD HOTEL 1160 N. Vermont Ave., Los Angeles, CA/Sign-up 6PM/Starts 7PM/5 min./first come, first served/one drink min.
GLENDALE DAYS INN 450 N. Pioneer Dr., Glendale, CA/Sign-up 7PM/Starts 8PM/No foul language/No purchase necessary/first come, first served
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel, past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/first come, first served/coffee and bottled water available
HOLLYWOOD HOTEL 1160 N. Vermont Ave., Hollywood, CA/Sign-up 11PM/Starts MIDNIGHT/5 min./first come, first served/one drink min.
FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia Ave., Burbank, CA/Sign-up 10PM/Starts MIDNIGHT/lottery
15) Universal Chief Ron Meyer recently confessed to how shitty some of Universal’s recent releases have been and I can only wonder that how he didn’t know that most of those weren’t going to work before hand.