2) HBO’s Funny or Die Presents returns tonight at MIDNIGHT. It’s Friday, so it’s not that late and you should watch. WATCH!!!
4) The Greater LA Comedy Landscape has been a popular feature here at the Comedy Bureau (according to Google it has more views than our home page) and it’s going to get even better as it will soon be updated with more detail and any reviews that I’ve written about shows around LA.
5) Tonight’s COMEDY CRAWL may be small, but certainly not in stature.
Save the Max @ Westside Comedy Theatre 7:30PM $10
Jim Jeffries @ Brea Improv 8PM/10PM $20/2 drink min.
Stood Up Friday Night @ Moving Arts Theatre 10PM $5
6) OPEN MIC RUN:
FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia Burbank, CA/Starts 5PM
iCANDY 1708 E. Broadway/Sign-up 6PM/Starts 7PM/$3 min.
SILVERLAKE LOUNGE 2906 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA (Silverlake)/Sign-up (lottery) 6:30PM/Starts 7PM
GLENDALE DAYS INN 450 N. Pioneer Dr., Glendale, CA/Starts 8PM
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel past Big Mama’s and Big Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5/multiple sets allowed.
7) The Comedy Bureau “Tips Its Hat” today to TJ MILLER-“I’m Having a Difficult Time Killing My Parents (Sundance Trailer)” In terms of being “off the cuff”, seeing TJ Miller live will completely amaze you in where the “rabbit hole” is and how far he’ll take you down it laughing the whole way through. You can see him at Melgard Mondays @ Melgard Public House 9PM FREE and Out West Comedy Show @ RoosterFish 8PM FREE. Website. Twitter.
8) From the “You Should Have Been There” Lagoon: Steven Wright’s Tonight Show Debut
9) Does anyone get any followers on Twitter off of Follow Fridays or is the equivalent to shaking someone’s hand at the end of an open mic?
THE COMEDY BUREAU