2) TJ Miller has superpowers that have incredibly specific triggers that you’d have to go to IMDB to find.
3) UCB LA is now holding it’s Maude Team Performer Audtions…
4) Though not strictly comedy, the Los Angeles Film Festival still has the acronym LAFF and it’s in LA, so perhaps you might be interested that they’re currently taking submissions for 2012.
5) Yes, we are, in a sense, and entity, but we do have an actual voice that was captured over the last two weeks on the Respect the Danger of Knives podcast along with our old friend and comic, Russell Corona and then on the Guys With Feelings podcast along with guest Andrea Savage. Our guess is that we probably have less bass in our voice than you probably think we do.
6) Who would win in a fight between the recently released trailers of Project X (some call it the new Superbad) and 21 Jump Street (which should be called, I Can’t Believe That’s Jonah Hill From Superbad)? By the way, can anyone animate trailers into living things?
7) At the core of his proposed lawsuit against Ms. Kardashian, Rob Delaney is aiming even just for a heart and mind of an 18 year old girl in North Dakota.
Get More: Music News
8) The NY Times is now including a regularly scheduled comedy column that starts off pretty well featuring Hannibal Buress. They also ran another story on how committing to Twitter has gotten comedians writing jobs. [via SoMuchFunItHurts]
9) Davey Johnson tells us What’s What Wednesday…
10) COMEDY CRAWL
The Eric Andre Show @ UCB Theatre 8PM $5
The Geek Girls Unite Book Release Show @ Nerdist Theater 8PM $10
Comedy Monsoon @ Monsoon Cafe 8PM FREE
The Josh & Josh Show @ Bar Lubitsch 8:30PM FREE
The Heart, She Holler Preview & Q&A w/Patton Oswalt @ Cinefamily 9PM $10
Odd Thursdays @ The Palace Restaurant 9PM FREE
The Chicago Comedy Store Take Over @ The Comedy Store 9:30PM
11) OPEN MIC RUN
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA 6PM/1 item min./first come, first served
HOLLYWOOD HOTEL 1160 N. Vermont Ave., Los Angeles, CA/Sign-up 6PM/Starts 7PM/5 min./first come, first served/one drink min.
ZAPATA VIVE 101 S. First Ave., Arcadia, CA/Sign-up (lottery) 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/20 spots available/5 min.
COFEE BEAN 16101 Ventura Blvd., Encino, CA, Suite 180/Starts 7PM/mixed mic/no purchase necessary
SANDWICH SPOT 3101 Ocean Park Ave., Santa Monica, CA/Sign-up 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/first come, first served
CAFE ON 2ND 7 S. 2nd St., Alhambra, CA/Sign-up 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/first come, first served/10 min.
SUNSET GRILL 7439 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/one item min.
TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA/Starts 8PM/mixed mic
CAFE UNURBAN 3301 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica, CA/Sign-up (lottery) 9PM/No purchase necessary
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel, past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/first come, first served/coffee and bottled water available
FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia Ave., Burbank, CA/Sign-up 11PM/Starts MIDNIGHT
12) For those of you concerned about the gentrification of Downtown LA, don’t worry; unprovoked homeless people in Downtown will still call you a faggot.