2) So, Insane Clown Posse came into the closet for SNL Writer Mike O’Brien’s his web series 7 minutes in Heaven…
3) Not that it makes any difference hearing it from us versus all the other great things you’ve heard about it, but The Muppets movie is definitely worth catching.
4) Humor magazine, The Devastator, featuring contributors from the Daily Show, The Onion, McSweeney’s, The Cobert Report, Adult Swim, and more just made a new issue available for purchase/subscription.
5) Eddie Pepitone’s first live comedy album, “A Great Stillness” will be released and celebrated on Dec. 1st!
6) If you’re not following David Seger’s ‘New In November’ run where he makes a video and posts it online everyday, then you need to stop doing your NaNoWriMo novel and check it out for things like Whiskey Vision (taping a camera to bottle of Jack Daniels then letting the night unfold).
7) ON THE HORIZON
Team Coco Live @ UCB Theatre Fri. Dec. 2nd 8PM $10
8) COMEDY CRAWL
ASSSCAT @ UCB Theatre 8PM $10 (stand by only)
The Ed Galvez Punk House Weekend Edition @ Westside Comedy Theater 8PM $8
Best of Groundlings @ Groundlings Theatre 8PM/10PM $20
Comedy Extravaganza “Orphans” Thanksgiving Edition @ Hollywood Improv Lab 8:30PM $10
Christina Pazsitsky @ Flappers Burbank 8PM/10PM $17/2 item min.
Hello Giggles Presents: Letters to My Younger Self @ UCB Theatre 10PM $10 (stand by only)
The Walsh Brothers @ UCB Theatre $5 MIDNIGHT
The Tomorrow Show Presents Extra Helpings with the Doorknockers @ Steve Allen Theater MIDNIGHT $8
9) OPEN MIC RUN
SPOT CAFE 4455 Overland Ave., Culver City, CA/Starts 2PM/feedback given at end
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/coffee & water provided
WESTSIDE COMEDY THEATER 1323-A 3rd St. Promenade, Santa Monica, CA (in alley between 3rd and 4th St.)/Sign-up (lottery) 6PM/Starts 6:30PM/no purchase necessary/4 min.
SUNSET GRILL 7439 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/one item min.
FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia Ave., Burbank, CA/Sign-up 10PM/Starts MIDNIGHT/lottery
10) Apparently, people were also trying to get Black Friday deals at a gun store because they were either waiting for the right time for home security or the upcoming zombie apocalypse is conveniently scheduled right after the holidays.