1) The LA Comedy Shorts Festival extended their deadline to Jan. 10th!
2) Portlandia is going on tour! Their LA stop is on Jan. 17th at the Echoplex and tickets go on sale tomorrow. This is good reason to keep a budget for eating just at 7-11, right?
3) Ryan Stout’s Touché will be coming out on Comedy Central Records on Dec. 6th. The perfect gift to buy for yourself in trying to fool people into thinking that you’re not Christmas shopping.
4) Part 2 of Woody Allen: A Documentary is on PBS 9PM tonight.
5) Comedy Light Box gets the Garfunkel and Oates treatment. Wait, switch that…
6) We hope there is more to come from this Reggie Watts room…
7) ON THE HORIZON
The Paul F. Tompkins Special Holiday Show @ Largo at the Coronet Theatre Sat. Dec. 17th 8:30PM $25 (proceeds go to Habitat for Humanity)
8) COMEDY CRAWL
Harmontown @ Nerdist Theater 8PM $10
What’s Up Tiger Lily? @ Hollywood Studio Bar & Grill 8PM FREE
Sarah Silverman & Friends @ Largo at the Coronet Theatre 8:30PM $25 (stand by only)
Brunch @ The Park Restaurant 9PM FREE
2nd to Last Showcase @ Dangerfield’s 2 9:30PM FREE
Keep It Clean @ 1739 Public House 10PM FREE
Crash Test @ UCB Theatre 11PM $5
9) OPEN MIC RUN
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/$4 min./first come, first served
CLUB 705 705 Pier Ave., Hermosa Beach, CA/Starts 7PM-ish/no purchase necessary/first come, first served
RED ROCK 8782 W. Sunset Blvd., West Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/first come, first served
PALACE RESTAURANT 2112 Hillhurst Ave., Los Angeles, CA (Los Feliz)/Sign-up 7:30PM/Starts 8PM/lottery
RAINBOW BAR & GRILL 9015 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Sign-up before 8PM/Starts 8:30PM/$2 cover/mixed mic
DANGERFIELD’S 2 2860 Glenview Ave., Los Angeles, CA/Starts 8PM/first come, first served/No purchase necessary
TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA/Starts 8PM/no purchase necessary/first come, first served
JAKE’S 38 W. Colorado Blvd., Pasadena, CA/Starts 8PM/Sign-up is lottery/no purchase necessary
GROUND ZERO USC 615 Childs Way, Los Angeles, CA (USC Campus)/nestled between three adjacent dorms approximately one block N. of Figueroa & Exposition/USC student sign-up 9PM/Non-USC student sign-up 9:15PM/first come, first served/7 min./no purchase necessary
PETIE’S PLACE 6025 Reseda Blvd., Tarzana, CA/Starts 9PM/one drink min./7 min./first come, first served
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/bottled water and coffee provided
10) If anyone is thinking of protesting the gross consumerism that takes place on Black Friday in the style of ‘Occupy’, just know that you’ll look like anyone else standing in line.