1) Arrested Development is back! Arrested Development is back! Arrested Development is back! Spread the joy to friends and strangers alike.
2) Jason Nash Is Married is coming back with a vengeance (the friendly, really funny kind). Here’s a trailer if you’re confused about the vengeance part.
3) Maria Bamford doing ads for Target might very well be the best part of the upcoming holiday season.
4) New Maude teams at UCB announced.
5) BBC News discusses the appropriateness of accents in comedy. What they don’t ever touch on is that if the actual things being said are funny beyond the accent, it’ll probably not come off as offensive.
6) Our review of Pete Holmes’ “Impregnated with Wonder”. Basically, buy it.
7) The line-ups for the Eagle Rock Comedy Festival are here.
8) ON THE HORIZON
Space Ghost-Coast to Coast-Cast & Creators Reunion @ Cinefamily Sat. Dec. 3rd 5PM $12
9) COMEDY CRAWL
Comedy@SCA Festival @ School of Cinematic Arts All Day
Comedy and Gourmet Pizza @ Fusion Flour 7PM $20
ASSSSCAT @ UCB Theatre 8PM $10 (stand by only)
Handshucked @ Moving Arts Theater 8PM $5
Walking the Room LIVE @ Nerdist Theater 8PM $10
Playin’ With Micucci @ Steve Allen Theater 8PM $10
Variety’s Power of Comedy NFF Benefit @ Hollywood Palladium 8PM $55-$85
Magic Bag @ Underground Annex Theater 10PM $5
The Shit Show @ UCB Theatre 10PM $10
The Donkey Show @ Dangerfield’s 2 10PM FREE
6 Degrees @ Hollywood Improv Lab 10:30PM $10
Tournament of Nerds @ UCB Theatre MIDNIGHT $5 (stand by only)
The Last Tomorrow Show of 2011 w/Ron Lynch @ Steve Allen Theater MIDNIGHT $8
10) OPEN MIC RUN
SPOT CAFE 4455 Overland Ave., Culver City, CA/Starts 2PM/feedback given at end
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/coffee & water provided
DANGERFIELD’S 2 2860 Glenview Ave., Los Angeles, CA/Sign-up 6PM/Starts 7PM/5 min./first come, first served/no purchase necessary
WESTSIDE COMEDY THEATER 1323-A 3rd St. Promenade, Santa Monica, CA (in alley between 3rd and 4th St.)/Sign-up (lottery) 6PM/Starts 6:30PM/no purchase necessary/4 min.
SUNSET GRILL 7439 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/one item min.
FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia Ave., Burbank, CA/Sign-up 10PM/Starts MIDNIGHT/lottery
11) Apparently, people are really interested in comedy theory. That’s so intriguing to people that I talk to as opposed to my views on my self-imposed isolation in the dating world. Interesting.