1) Ricky Gervais will host the Golden Globes yet again and hopefully celebrities will learn how to take a joke in stride by now.
3) Rob Delaney wants your help for his upcoming Comedy Central pilot taping.
4) Don’t miss out on Conan tonight as both Jimmy Pardo and Pete Holmes will be appearing (TBS 11PM) or Late Night with Jimmy Fallon and their chat with Bill Maher (NBC 12:35AM).
5) Though very few people seemed to have notice amidst the chaos of Community being taken away from the midseason NBC line-up, Fuel TV’s talk show, The Daily Habit, regularly featuring some of the funniest up and coming comedians/performers in Chris Fairbanks, Andre Hyland, Hal Rudnick, and more is coming to an end even though they were starting hit their stride comedically with their original characters. It was the only TV show where Rob Delaney got to read his tweets while backed by a band. Did you even know that it was happening?
6) Brendon Walsh just started his own podcast that’s aptly title, we guess, Bonezone.
10) We hate the movie Puss in Boots. We also hate the general ‘family comedy’ business model. Read our explanation for both at the Nerdist.
11) ON THE HORIZON
The Last Tomorrow Show of 2011 @ The Steve Allen Theater MIDNIGHT $8
12) COMEDY CRAWL
The Super Serious Show @ Smashbox Studios 7PM $15
The Comic Bug @ The Comic Bug 7PM $3
Joe Mande Gets It @ UCB Theatre 8PM $5
Infinite Jest @ Villany Prdt 8PM FREE
Westside Comedy Laugh Party @ Westside Comedy Theater 8PM $10
Henson Alternative’s Stuffed & Unstrung @ Largo at the Coronet Theatre 8PM $40
The Hot House Comedy Show @ Hot House 8PM FREE (invite only)
An Evening With Eric Andre @ Bar Lubitsch 8:30PM FREE
Hamclown 1 Year Anniversary @ The Mezz at the Alexandria Hotel 9PM FREE
Talk It Up: Elephant Graveyard @ Zephyr Theatre 9PM $5
Odd Thursdays @ The Palace Restaurant 9PM FREE
Mapping the Heavens @ UCB Theatre 9:30PM $5
Kumail Nanjiani & Ahmed Bharhoocha @ Dangerfield’s 2 10PM FREE
Hottt Newww Videooo!!! @ Hollywood Improv Lab 10:30PM $5
13) OPEN MIC RUN
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA 6PM/1 item min./first come, first served
HOLLYWOOD HOTEL 1160 N. Vermont Ave., Los Angeles, CA/Sign-up 6PM/Starts 7PM/5 min./first come, first served/one drink min.
ZAPATA VIVE 101 S. First Ave., Arcadia, CA/Sign-up (lottery) 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/20 spots available/5 min.
COFEE BEAN 16101 Ventura Blvd., Encino, CA, Suite 180/Starts 7PM/mixed mic/no purchase necessary
SANDWICH SPOT 3101 Ocean Park Ave., Santa Monica, CA/Sign-up 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/first come, first served
CAFE ON 2ND 7 S. 2nd St., Alhambra, CA/Sign-up 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/first come, first served/10 min.
THE COMIC BUG 1807 Manhattan Beach Blvd., Manhattan Beach, CA/Sign-up 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/3 min.
SUNSET GRILL 7439 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/one item min.
TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA/Starts 8PM/mixed mic
DANGERFIELD’S 2 2860 Glenview Ave., Los Angeles, CA/Starts 8PM/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
VINNY’S PIZZA 12740 Culver Blvd., Los Angeles, CA/Starts 8:30PM/First come, first served
CAFE UNURBAN 3301 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica, CA/Sign-up (lottery) 9PM/No purchase necessary
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel, past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/first come, first served/coffee and bottled water available
FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia Ave., Burbank, CA/Sign-up 11PM/Starts MIDNIGHT
14) When comedians use their notes on stage and attempt to apologize for it in a funny by saying, “I use my notes because I’m a professional,” what they mean to say is, “I’m so insecure I don’t even realize that I should draw as little attention in how I shouldn’t be reading my notes. Please still love me.” FYI.