3) NBC has “tabled” (not cancelled) Community mid-season while prepping to put Whitney back to back with Are You There, Chelsea? on Wednesday nights. Is it possible that Community needs an annoying billboard and bus ad campaign to survive?
4) There’s still time to enter the Women In Comedy Festival…
5) Tonight on Letterman, Bill Maher (CBS 11:35PM)
7) This Jack Donaghy vs. Ron Swanson boxing(?) with Dwight Schrute Self-Defense Demonstration poster doesn’t make up for the other NBC news, but it’s a start.
8) Marcel The Shell With Shoes On reminds us that smiling (and laughing) is worth it.
9) ON THE HORIZON
An Evening with Eric Andre at the Josh & Josh Show @ Bar Lubitsch Thurs. Nov. 17th 8:30PM FREE
10) COMEDY CRAWL
Comedy Bang Bang @ UCB Theatre 8:30PM $5 (stand by only)
11) OPEN MIC RUN
ACME COMEDY HOLLYWOOD 135 N. La Brea Ave., Hollywood, CA/Sign-up 5:30PM/Starts 6PM/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
WESTWOOD BREW CO 1097 Glendon Ave., Westwood, CA/Sign-up 7:30PM/Starts 8PM/lottery/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA (Echo Park)/Starts 8PM/mixed mic
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 8PM/first come, first served/$4 min.
WESTSIDE COMEDY THEATER 1323-A 3rd St., Santa Monica, CA (in alley between 3rd St. Promenade and 4th St.)/Sign-up 9:45PM/Starts 10PM/lottery/$1 cover
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/bottled water and coffee provided
12) It’s not that I think the general readership here is somehow straining visually to read my posts here. I just don’t know what is going on with Tumblr formatting.
THE COMEDY BUREAU