1) Through a change in the building’s owners, Dangerfield’s 2 is coming to an end over a week from now. There’ll be one last open mic this upcoming Saturday.
4) Just found out about this: Rick Shapiro has a line of merch.
5) We are not big fans of the overhyped deal that was made of Conrad Murray, but we are big fans of Demorge Brown, who just so happened to play Murray in a sketch on the Soup.
6) Time Out NY has stand-up done via webcam from TJ Miller, Nick Vatterott, Jena Friedman, Eliza Skinner, Myq Kaplan, Kurt Braunohler, and more.
7) ON THE HORIZON
Holy Fuck 2 Year Anniversary @ Downtown Independent Theater Tues. Nov. 15th 9PM FREE
Dementia Screening w/live narration by Paul F. Tompkins & live score by Eban Schletter @ Cinefamily Wed. Nov. 16th 8PM $12
8) COMEDY CRAWL
Eric Andre @ Brea Improv 7PM $15 2 item min.
Brian Posehn @ Irvine Improv 7PM $20/2 item min.
ASSSSCAT @ UCB Theatre 7:30PM FREE
“I’m Going Somewhere With This…” A Storytelling Show @ The Mint 8PM $10
French Toast @ Taix 8:30PM FREE
Top Story Weekly! @ iO West 9PM $5
Powerviolence @ The Complex 9PM FREE
Skinny Sundays @ Hollywood Improv 9PM $14/2 item min.
Hot Sauce @ UCB Theatre 9:30PM $5 (stand by only)
Shitty Jobs @ UCB Theatre 11PM $5 (stand by only)
9) OPEN MIC RUN
PALMS 8572 Santa Monica Blvd., West Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/lottery
PARADISE PERKS 15475 Jeffrey Rd., Irvine, CA/Sign-up 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/only 10 spots available
SUNDAY SKETCH SHOW @ WESTSIDE COMEDY THEATER 1323-A 3rd St., Santa Monica, CA (in alley between 3rd St. Promenade and 4th St.)/open mic for sketches/must sign-up in advance/no purchase necessary
TSUNAMEDY @ TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA (Echo Park)/Sign-up 8PM/Starts 9PM/first come, first served/mixed mic
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5/multiple sets allowed/bottled water and coffee available
10) I think I’ve finally concluded how much I lack normalcy in my life from the stress coming from trying to decide whether to do something completely non-comedy related.