1) Rob Delaney will be taping a pilot for Comedy Central on Nov. 22nd and you’ll probably be going here’s the link to tickets.
2) Though you’ve probably watched 3 times already, go ahead and watch Liam Neeson do “improvisational comedy” on Life’s Too Short.
3) Watch TJ Miller’s Comedy Central 1 Hr. Special “No Real Reason” 11PM Tonight! Yes, that would be on Comedy Central
4) James Adomian finally makes his long-awaited (even though it’s only been a few months) return to LA.
5) Joe Mande gives a very right-on review of Jack & Jill.
6) The Daily Dot gets a word with Brody Stevens and an explanation of what he does on Twitter.
7) If you’re unfortunately holed up in the valley, there’s a new open mic on Mondays at Petie’s Place.
8) The Ted Talks feature Improv Everywhere, a fun, non-violent version of Project Mayhem.
9) Here’s a review of Jay Larson’s Self-Diagnosed, which, after you read, should go pick up.
10) ON THE HORIZON
Stand-Up Spotlight: Maria Bamford @ UCB Theatre Mon. Nov. 14th 11PM $5
11) COMEDY CRAWL
Brian Posehn @ Irvine Improv 7PM/9PM $20/2 item min.
Space Boners @ Silverlake Lounge 7PM FREE
ASSSSCAT @ UCB Theatre 8PM $10 (stand by only)
The Anytime Show @ The Underground Annex Theater 8PM $5
Maria Bamford @ Flappers Burbank 8PM/10PM $20/2 item min.
Carnyville w/Dana Gould & Dave Koechner @ Nerdist Theater 8PM $10
Weird Al Yankovic Presents Alpocalypse @ Pantages Theatre 8PM $40-$62.50
Kool Thing @ Hollywood Improv Lab 8PM $10
Hour of Power @ Hollywood Improv Lab 10PM $10
Magic Bag @ Underground Annex Theater 10PM $5
Comedy. @ UCB Theatre 10PM $10 (stand by only)
The Tomorrow Show with Ron Lynch Presents: The Time Machine Show @ Steve Allen Theater MIDNIGHT $8
12) OPEN MIC RUN
SPOT CAFE 4455 Overland Ave., Culver City, CA/Starts 2PM/feedback given at end
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/coffee & water provided
DANGERFIELD’S 2 2860 Glenview Ave., Los Angeles, CA/Sign-up 6PM/Starts 7PM/5 min./first come, first served/no purchase necessary
WESTSIDE COMEDY THEATER 1323-A 3rd St. Promenade, Santa Monica, CA (in alley between 3rd and 4th St.)/Sign-up (lottery) 6PM/Starts 6:30PM/no purchase necessary/4 min.
SUNSET GRILL 7439 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/one item min.
FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia Ave., Burbank, CA/Sign-up 10PM/Starts MIDNIGHT/lottery
13) After hearing someone say about a joke, “that’s kind of hacky, but it seems like it would work,” I wanted to tell them to drop it altogether, but, ultimately, it’s more helpful if they learn to drop it the hard way.