1) There’s no getting around this being the biggest news item in the comedy world right now: Billy Crystal will now be hosting the upcoming Oscars.
2) Last night, Chris Hardwick chatted with Conan, THEN we find out that the BBC is ordering up more Nerdist. Tonight, Steve Martin will be on The Late Show with David Letterman (CBS 11:35PM) and, hopefully, we’ll find out that someone has ordered him back to comedy full time.
3) We and the lovely Kristy Mangel of RE:COM magazine dish about comedy journalism with the Comedy Groupie on the What’s Your Problem? podcast. Yes, we just used the word dish and feel slightly perturbed.
6) Not that anyone was really doubting that it would go any other way, but Louis CK’s taping for his new special apparently went very well.
10) Conan writer Todd Levin dissects that forces that be in regards to living in LA; the “forces that be” being the pervasive influence of the entertainment industry in the lives of every person in LA.
12) ON THE HORIZON
Matt Champagne @ Flappers Claremont Dec. 2nd-3rd 8PM $15/2 item min.
13) COMEDY CRAWL
Brian Posehn @ Irvine Improv 8PM/10PM $20/2 item min.
Maria Bamford @ Flappers Burbank 8PM/10PM $20/2 item min.
Citybird Comedy @ Neon Venus Theatre 8PM $7
The 11-11-11 Super Showcase @ UCB Theatre 8PM $10
Barfth/Andre/Douggpound/Weinbach/and More @ Sychronicity Space 8:30PM $7
The 12 Shiny Nickels Show @ Hollywood Improv Lab 8:30PM $10
LA Comedy Fest Presents Rick Overton: Substitute Global Ambassador @ ACME Comedy Hollywood 9PM $12
The Jesse Miller Talk Show @ Hollywood Improv Lab 10PM $5
Death Squad @ Ice House Stage 2 10PM $15/2 item min.
Up Late w/Adam Fisher @ Comedy Sportz LA 10:30PM $12
14) OPEN MIC RUN
SET LIST @ FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia, Burbank, CA/Sign-up 5PM/Starts 5:30PM/given “set list” of topics to do jokes off of/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
BANG COMEDY THEATER 457 N. Fairfax Ave., Los Angeles, CA/Starts 5:30PM/no purchase necessary
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/$4 min./first come, first served
SILVERLAKE LOUNGE 2906 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA (Silverlake)/Sign-up (lottery) 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/4 min./no purchase necessary
SUNSET GRILL 7439 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/one item min.
MAX BLOOM’S 200 N. Malden Ave., Fullerton, CA/Starts 7PM/booked show after/no purchase necessary
HOLLYWOOD HOTEL 1160 N. Vermont Ave., Los Angeles, CA/Sign-up 6PM/Starts 7PM/5 min./first come, first served/one drink min.
GLENDALE DAYS INN 450 N. Pioneer Dr., Glendale, CA/Sign-up 7PM/Starts 8PM/No foul language/No purchase necessary/first come, first served
NEON VENUS THEATRE 7023 Melrose Ave., Los Angeles, CA/Sign-up 8PM before booked show/Starts 9:30PM after booked show/12 spots only
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel, past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/first come, first served/coffee and bottled water available
HOLLYWOOD HOTEL 1160 N. Vermont Ave., Hollywood, CA/Sign-up 11PM/Starts MIDNIGHT/5 min./first come, first served/one drink min.
FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia Ave., Burbank, CA/Sign-up 10PM/Starts MIDNIGHT/lottery
15) While everyone is proclaiming today, 11/11/11, to be Nigel Tufnel Day, today should be a day that lives in infamy as there are surely people that non-ironically went to go and see Jack & Jill.