1) Patton Oswalt’s Adult Swim show, “The Heart She Holler” has a trailer AND seems to be a perfect foil to American Horror Story. Airs Sun. Nov. 6th 12:30AM.
2) Can we really say that we’re seeing the wizard behind the curtain now that Marc Maron’s WTF has a Youtube channel?
4) The Simpsons’ Harry Shearer makes it clear what he’s looking for in negotiations with Fox.
5) All you need to know from this appearance from Jack Black on Leno along with Steve Martin and Owen Wilson is that Tenacious D is going to have another album coming out some time next year. However, you need to watch Aubrey Plaza bring magic stuff while also appearing on Leno.
7) Earwolf welcomes their newest podcast, Totally Laime.
10) COMEDY CRAWL
The Garfunkel & Oates Hour @ UCB Theatre 8PM $10
The Paul F. Tompkins 1 Hr. Comedy Central Taping @ Alex Theatre 8PM FREE
Harland Williams @ Flappers Burbank 8PM/10PM $20/2 item min.
The 12 Shiny Nickels Show @ Hollywood Improv Lab 8:30PM $10
11) OPEN MIC RUN
SET LIST @ FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia, Burbank, CA/Sign-up 5PM/Starts 5:30PM/given “set list” of topics to do jokes off of/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/$4 min./first come, first served
SILVERLAKE LOUNGE 2906 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA (Silverlake)/Sign-up (lottery) 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/4 min./no purchase necessary
SUNSET GRILL 7439 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/one item min.
MAX BLOOM’S 200 N. Malden Ave., Fullerton, CA/Starts 7PM/booked show after/no purchase necessary
GLENDALE DAYS INN 450 N. Pioneer Dr., Glendale, CA/Sign-up 7PM/Starts 8PM/No foul language/No purchase necessary/first come, first served
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel, past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/first come, first served/coffee and bottled water available
HOLLYWOOD HOTEL 1160 N. Vermont Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts MIDNIGHT
FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia Ave., Burbank, CA/Sign-up 10PM/Starts MIDNIGHT/lottery
12) If I’ve spent all this time working to “middle management”, the suicide threats won’t be veiled anymore.-me on stage last night responding to a friend’s “compliment”