1) Perhaps, the Coen Brothers will bring balance once again to the realm of television with a show they’re developing for Fox.
2) They say you can’t do comedy outside. They say you can’t do comedy without a mic and a mic stand. They also say you probably shouldn’t do comedy at some sort of rally situation. Well, FUCK “they”. Lee Camp’s got something to say at Occupy Wall St. [via Connected Comedy]
3) The LA Weekly just came out with their Best of 2011. Congrats to Nerdist Theater, the Tomorrow Show, and What’s Up Tiger Lily? for making the list. Too bad they couldn’t extend their comedy Best of’s as there’s so much more to the LA Comedy Scene.
5) Didn’t think you see the day when Pete Holmes played Batman, did ya?
6) Funny or Die’s take on Tim Cook preparing for his iPhone 4-something speech.
7) Puddin’-“Rag” w/guest Laura Silverman
8) COMEDY CRAWL
Smoke. Worry. Fuck./SUCKER FREE @ UCB Theatre 6:30PM $5
The Moth @ Zanzibar 7:30PM $8
You’ve Seen These Guys @ Brea Impov 8PM $15/2 item min.
The End Show @ The Last Bookstore 8PM FREE
The Good Bits @ Witzend 8PM $5
Kyle Dunnigan & Friends @ Hollywood Improv Lab 8:30PM $5
Wed Night Spotlight @ Dangerfield’s 2 8:30PM FREE
Tim Minchin @ Largo at the Coronet Theatre 8:30PM $25 (stand by only)
Meltdown @ Nerdist Theater 8PM $8
The Ed Galvez Punk House @ Westside Comedy Theater 9PM $8
Frolic! @ Far Bar 9PM FREE
Facebook @ UCB Theatre 9:30PM $5 (stand by only)
Beer in the Shower @ Dreams Cafe & Bar 9:30PM FREE
Fresh Faces w/Marc Maron @ Hollywood Laugh Factory 10PM $20-$30/2 drink min.
9) OPEN MIC RUN
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/$4 min./first come, first served
THE MOTH @ ZANZIBAR 1301 5th St., Santa Monica, CA/Starts 7:30PM sharp/recommended to arrive an hour before/must tell story on theme of “firsts”/only 10 spots available picked by lottery/$8 cover
THE SPOT CAFE 4455 Overland Ave., Culver City, CA/Sign-up (lottery) 7PM
HOLLYWOOD HOTEL 1160 N. Vermont Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/first come, first served
GRINDHOUSE CAFE 1051 N. Havenhurst, West Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM
CAFE ON 2ND 7 S. 2nd St., Alhambra, CA/Sign-up 7PM/Starts 7:30PM/$3 cover/10 min. guarantee
TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA/Starts 8PM
LIBRARY A COFFEE HOUSE 3418 Broadway, Long Beach, CA/Sign-up 8PM/Starts 8:30PM
LIQUID ZOO 7214 Sepulveda Blvd., Van Nuys, CA/Sign-up 8:30PM/Starts 9PM/first come, first served/7 min.
DANGERFIELD’S 2 2860 Glenview Ave., Los Angeles, CA/Sign-up 9PM/Starts after booked show/5 min./first come, first served/no purchase necessary/only 15 spots available
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel, past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/first come, first served/coffee and bottled water available
10) Someone just told me that I have glamorous problems. That might be thing I’ve heard all month.