1) Rory Scovel’s Dilation is available today. Yes, that’s his comedy album and not a recording of a surgery, and also you should pick it up.
2) The Simpsons might come to an end due to pay cuts… Cue Simpsons retrospectives despite many people having moved onto another adult cartoon show.
4) The Todd Barry Internet War continues with a song about how he’s an idiot from Tim Heidecker and Aimee Mann
5) A new episode of Henry’s Kitchen is all we should have to say for you to watch it.
6) If you’re up later tonight, you can catch It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia’s Kaitlin Olson and The Internet’s Megan Amram on Last Call with Carson Daly 1:35AM NBC.
9) The new “edition” of Comedy Royal is out, which I’ve boiled down to being a rotating online comedy museum. Whatever you think it is, please check it out.
10) Tom Scharpling yet again gives hope to music videos with the Stepkids, Kurt Braunohler, and Wyatt Cenac.
11) COMEDY CRAWL
The Voice of Something Screening w/Marc Maron @ UCB Theatre 7PM $5 (stand by only)
The Jesse Miller Talk Show @ Comedy Central Stages 8PM FREE
Hollywood Stands Up @ ACME Comedy Theatre 8PM $12
The Good Luck Show @ The Good Luck Bar 8PM FREE
Ballgame’s Laugh Lounge @ Red Rock Bar & Eatery 8PM FREE
Comedy Bang Bang @ UCB Theatre 8:30PM $5 (stand by only)
12) OPEN MIC RUN
ACME COMEDY THEATRE 135 N. La Brea Ave., Hollywood, CA/Sign-up 6PM/Starts 6:30PM/no purchase necessary
COFFEE GALLERY 2029 Lake Ave., Altadena, CA/Sign-up 7:30PM/Starts 8PM
LIBRARY A COFFEE HOUSE 3418 E. Broadway, Long Beach, CA/Sign-up 7:30PM/Starts 8PM/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
WESTWOOD BREW CO 1097 Glendon Ave., Westwood, CA/Sign-up 7:30PM/Starts 8PM/lottery/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA/Starts 8PM
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 8PM/first come, first served/$4 min.
WESTSIDE COMEDY THEATER 1323-A 3rd St., Santa Monica, CA (in alley between 3rd St. Promenade and 4th St.)/Sign-up 9:45PM/Starts 10PM/lottery/$1 cover
MAX STEINER’S 2500 E. Anaheim St., Long Beach, CA/Sign-up 9PM/Starts 10PM after booked show/no purchase necessary
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/bottled water and coffee provided
13) It’s one thing to go 32nd at an open mic. It’s another to sit and watch all the other 31 people before you and not go completely crazy.