1) Tonight on late night, Reggie Watts makes an appearance for Conan’s trip to NYC (TBS 11PM) and Bill Burr on will be on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (NBC 12:35AM).
3) The 1 Year Fake Criterions Contest already started, but luckily you have 2 weeks to waste before submitting at the last minute.
4) The new round of Prime Time at Channel 101 is now up for your online viewing pleasure. Make sure to check out Gumbel and the new episode of Intimate Indiscretions and then become addicted to Channel 101 if you’re not already.
6) So, it’s not a bunch of CGI, it’s actually possessed little girls in those scary movies according to FoD…
7) Congratulations are in order to Joe Braza for achieving his own self-imposed challenge of performing 100 sets in one month within the Greater LA metropolitan area. And yes, to answer your question, that means spending a lot of time at Marty’s. A lot of time.
8) ON THE HORIZON
The Heart, She Holler Screening & Q&A w/Patton Oswalt @ Cinefamily Thurs. Nov. 3rd 9PM $10
Dementia Screening w/Live Narration from Paul F. Tompkins & Live Score by Eban Schletter @ Cinefamily Wed. Nov. 16th 8PM $12
9) COMEDY CRAWL
The Tulsa Skull Swingers @ Three Clubs 11PM
Sappity Tappity: A Drunken Romp Through Liquor Forest @ UCB Theatre 11PM $5
10) OPEN MIC RUN-this will be updated throughout the day, so check back frequently
TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA/Starts 8PM
GROUND ZERO USC 615 Childs Way, Los Angeles, CA (USC Campus)/nestled between three adjacent dorms approximately one block N. of Figueroa & Exposition/USC student sign-up 9PM/Non-USC student sign-up 9:15PM/first come, first served/7 min./no purchase necessary
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/bottled water and coffee provided
11) I think if anyone is going to ask me what I’m dressed up as tonight, if I somehow end up at a Halloween party, I will, dressed as I normally am, tell them, “I’m sadness,” and watch them appropriately walk away. That works, right?