1) YouTube is taking its programming to the next level with a Nerdist channel, a My Damn Channel Channel, and more that will hopefully push TV to step up its game or do something other than copy Modern Family.
2) 5 bedroom house with 3 funny, creative types in LA/Culver City w/ seeking 2 funny, creative types. Please contact Razzle at TheRazzleShow@gmail.com for details.
3) Justin Ian Daniels chats with Dave Attell about his return to television with Dave’s Old Porn.
4) Comedian Jesse Case now writes daily haikus at bullshitreference.tumblr.com. Please read and enjoy.
5) Jimmy Pardo gets the Comedy Lightbox treatment.
6) Holy Fuck gets a shout out from the theatre world.
7) For those of you that suspect that the Nerdist Theater and its Meltdown Show down on Wednesdays and their awesomeness is mutually exclusive with the fact that takes place in the back of comic book store, check out Robyn Von Swank’s photos at the Meltdown Year Anniversary Show.
9) COMEDY CRAWL
Todd Glass @ Brea Improv 7PM/9PM $20/2 item min.
Space BOO!NERS Dance Party @ Silverlake Lounge 7PM FREE
Channel 101 Screening @ Downtown Independent Theater 8PM/10PM FREE
Patton Oswalt & Friends @ Largo at the Coronet Theatre 8:30PM $25 (stand by only)
Comedy Without a Cause @ Hollywood Improv Lab 8:30PM $10
Lost Moon Radio Presents: Roger Wodehouse’s Androgynasium Halloween Spectacular! @ Club Fais Do Do 9PM $13-$32
Magic Bag @ Underground Annex Theater 10PM $5
Set List @ UCB Theatre 10PM $10
Adam Hammer @ Irvine Improv 11PM $10/2 item min.
The Walsh Brothers Show @ UCB Theatre MIDNIGHT $5
The Tomorrow Show w/Ron Lynch Presents Halloween @ Steve Allen Theater MIDNIGHT $8
10) OPEN MIC RUN
SPOT CAFE 4455 Overland Ave., Culver City, CA/Starts 2PM/feedback given at end
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/coffee & water provided
DANGERFIELD’S 2 2860 Glenview Ave., Los Angeles, CA/Sign-up 6PM/Starts 7PM/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
WESTSIDE COMEDY THEATER 1323-A 3rd St. Promenade, Santa Monica, CA (in alley between 3rd and 4th St.)/Sign-up (lottery) 6PM/Starts 6:30PM/no purchase necessary/4 min.
HOLLYWOOD HOTEL 1160 N. Vermont Ave., Los Angeles, CA/Sign-up 6PM/Starts 7PM/first come, first served/5 min./one item min.
SUNSET GRILL 7439 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/one item min.
FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia Ave., Burbank, CA/Sign-up 10PM/Starts MIDNIGHT/lottery
11) Funniest heckle I’ve heard in quite some time-“Why don’t you talk about getting older or something?”