1) TJ Miller does “the person” on Conan. Watch Comedy Central Nov. 12th for “No Real Reason” as that being his 1-hr Comedy Central special should be enough reason. DVD release is on Nov. 15th.
2) The Comedian will be directed by Sean Penn, starring Robert DeNiro and Kristen Wiig. We can already imagine the King of Comedy and The Wrestler trailer mash-ups that are going to be made in anticipation of this.
3) CNN Comedy chats with Conan staff writer Laurie Kilmartin.
4) Jay Larson can’t get a simple call to a friend returned even though it’s the 4th video released in anticipation of his upcoming album “Self-Diagnosed”.
5) The October Humblebrag Rankings are out because without the NBA, there’s a power rankings void that needs to be filled.
7) Well, it proved to be good to true about FX in providing nothing but cutting edge TV as they buy Charlie Sheen’s Anger Management.
8) ON THE HORIZON
Bill Maher @ Gibson Amphitheater Sat. Nov. 5th 8:15PM $75-$89
9) COMEDY CRAWL
The Comic Gallery @ Westside Comedy Theater 7PM $10
Halloween Highway 2 @ Steve Allen Theater 8PM $10
Todd Glass @ Brea Improv 8PM/10PM $20/2 item min.
The 12 Shiny Nickels Show @ Hollywood Improv Lab 8:30PM $10
Freak Show @ The Comedy Store Belly Room 10PM $5/2 item min.
The Spanglers Aren’t Afraid of the Dark @ Hollywood Improv Lab 10PM $10
Late Night w/Howie Kremer @ Second City Hollywood 11PM $5
10) OPEN MIC RUN
SET LIST @ FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia, Burbank, CA/Sign-up 5PM/Starts 5:30PM/given “set list” of topics to do jokes off of/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
UCB THEATRE 5919 Franklin Ave., Hollywood, CA/Sign-up 5PM/Starts 5:30PM/lottery/10 spots available only/no purchase necessary
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/$4 min./first come, first served
SILVERLAKE LOUNGE 2906 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA (Silverlake)/Sign-up (lottery) 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/4 min./no purchase necessary
SUNSET GRILL 7439 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/one item min.
MAX BLOOM’S 200 N. Malden Ave., Fullerton, CA/Starts 7PM/booked show after/no purchase necessary
HOLLYWOOD HOTEL 1160 N. Vermont Ave., Los Angeles, CA/Sign-up 6PM/Starts 7PM/first come, first served/5 min./one drink min.
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel, past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/first come, first served/coffee and bottled water available
HOLLYWOOD HOTEL 1160 N. Vermont Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts MIDNIGHT/first come, first served/5 min./one drink min.
FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia Ave., Burbank, CA/Sign-up 10PM/Starts MIDNIGHT/lottery
11) If I got a nickel for every time I heard a comic say, “I’m working on some new stuff,” when something didn’t go well, I’d have enough money to redefine the way currency works (i.e. please stop doing that).