2) Entertainment Weekly is releasing its comedy issue with Melissa McCarthy on the cover and Louis CK as a guest writer. Anyone want to see an EW vs. Spin comedy issue showdown?
3) Congrats go to Johnny Pemberton on joining the cast of Fox’s Neighborhood Watch.
5) Tonight, Last Call with Carson Daly welcomes Reggie Watts (NBC 1:35AM) and TJ Miller makes his second appearance on Conan (TBS 11PM).
6) We’re just sayin’ that the deadline for submitting to RE:COM magazine is tomorrow and it’d be a damn shame to miss out getting your voice on comedy possibly heard.
7) You Make It Weird with Pete Holmes is finally here. That’s his podcast, just to be clear.
8) Jim Gaffigan moves up from co-starring on My Boys to having NBC buying a series based on his life.
9) COMEDY CRAWL
Gallows Humor @ Vlad the Retailer 7:30PM $5
Westside Comedy Laugh Party @ Westside Comedy Theater 8PM $10
1642 Comedy Social Club @ 1642 Beer & Wine 8:30PM FREE
The Josh & Josh Show @ Bar Lubitsch 8:30PM FREE
“Well I Liked It…” @ Dangerfield’s 2 9PM FREE
Hamclown! @ The Mezz at the Alexandria Hotel 9PM FREE
The Comedy Palace @ The Palace Restaurant 9:30PM FREE
Trevor Moore’s Whatever Show @ UCB Theatre 9:30PM $5
P.O.V. @ Groundlings Theater 10PM $10
10) OPEN MIC RUN
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA 6PM/1 item min./first come, first served
COFEE BEAN 16101 Ventura Blvd., Encino, CA, Suite 180/Starts 7PM/mixed mic/no purchase necessary
HOLLYWOOD HOTEL 1160 N. Vermont Ave., Los Angeles, CA/Sign-up 6PM/Starts 7PM/first come, first served/one drink min.
SANDWICH SPOT 3101 Ocean Park Ave., Santa Monica, CA/Sign-up 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/first come, first served
CAFE ON 2ND 7 S. 2nd St., Alhambra, CA/Sign-up 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/first come, first served/10 min.
SUNSET GRILL 7439 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/one item min.
TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA/Starts 8PM/mixed mic
CAFE UNURBAN 3301 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica, CA/Sign-up (lottery) 9PM/No purchase necessary
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel, past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/first come, first served/coffee and bottled water available
FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia Ave., Burbank, CA/Sign-up 11PM/Starts MIDNIGHT
11) A couple days ago I heard a comic say, “Man, it’s hard to be a comic and not have sex.” Few are the statements that exist that are more false than that.