1) John Hodgman, Tom Scharpling, and a room of celebrity cameos one-ups 80% of movie trailers for Hodgman’s new book That is All.
3) The one and only Pete Holmes has a podcast, You Make It Weird, that’s coming out this week!
4) Zach Galifianakis enters and leaves Conan on his own terms.
5) What Larry David has to say about WIll Ferrell winning the Mark Twain Prize for Humor.
6) Tonight, NTSF:SD:SUV, HDTGM, and The League’s Paul Scheer appears on Conan (TBS 11PM)
7) A special Halloween edition of Comedy Royal featuring Bill Hicks and the candy jokes of Mitch Hedberg.
8) Thanks once again for all those who marked the occasion of the passing of 1 year for the Comedy Bureau and for reading, following, supporting, spreading the word, and all that other good stuff. We can already feel that Day 730 is going to be spectacular.
9) ON THE HORIZON
The W. Kamau Bell Curve: Apologies (taping) @ The Promenade Playhouse Fri. Nov. 4th 7PM/9PM $10
10) COMEDY CRAWL
Stand-Up Spotlight: Brent Weinbach @ UCB Theatre 8PM $5
The Good Bits @ WitZend 8PM $5
The Attic w/Rory Scovel @ Hollywood Improv Lab 8:30PM $10/$5 w/online promo code: COBWEB
Meltdown Anniversary Show @ Nerdist Theater 8:30PM $8
RTDOK Presents @ Dangerfield’s 2 9PM FREE
The Ed Ghoulvez Haunted Punk House @ Westside Comedy Theater 9PM $8
Facebook @ UCB Theatre 9:30PM $5 (stand by only)
Beer in the Shower @ Dreams Cafe & Bar 9:30PM FREE
Eric Andre @ Flappers Burbank 10PM $10/2 item min.
Clownvis Presley @ Hollywood Improv Lab 10:30PM $5
Throwback @ Next Stage Theater 11PM $5
11) OPEN MIC RUN
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/$4 min./first come, first served
THE SPOT CAFE 4455 Overland Ave., Culver City, CA/Sign-up (lottery) 7PM
HOLLYWOOD HOTEL 1160 N. Vermont Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM/first come, first served
GRINDHOUSE CAFE 1051 N. Havenhurst, West Hollywood, CA/Starts 7PM
CAFE ON 2ND 7 S. 2nd St., Alhambra, CA/Sign-up 7PM/Starts 7:30PM/$3 cover/10 min. guarantee
LIBRARY A COFFEE HOUSE 3418 Broadway, Long Beach, CA/Sign-up 8PM/Starts 8:30PM
LIQUID ZOO 7214 Sepulveda Blvd., Van Nuys, CA/Sign-up 8:30PM/Starts 9PM/first come, first served/7 min.
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel, past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/first come, first served/coffee and bottled water available
FLAPPERS BAR 102 E. Magnolia Ave., Burbank, CA/Sign-up 11PM/Starts MIDNIGHT
12) So there goes the Bureau’s party budget for the year…