2) We’re a year old. We’ve been posting every single day including all major holidays both U.S. and international as well as throughout any awareness month and we appreciate all of you that follow us daily and all that we ask of you is to spread the word about the Comedy Bureau. Give us #FF or a “please follow” on Tumblr, anything, if you enjoy what we do here as we rely almost entirely on word of mouth. And rest assured, we will get even better in living up to our name soon (perhaps, “branches” of the Comedy Bureau…).
7) Tonight: Eddie Murphy will be on Letterman (CBS 11:35PM) hopefully talking about hosting the Oscars and Zach Galifianakis continues to makes his rounds on the late night circuit on Conan (TBS 11PM).
8) LA Weekly finds comedy for and by the people at Occupy LA.
9) Released today, Naked Trampoline Hamlet by Andrés Du Bouchet. Please buy/download/absorb/etc.
10) “And They Lived Questionably Ever After…”-a post for the Nerdist on what we would like romantic comedies to be as nothing else is going on in our love lives.
12) COMEDY CRAWL
The Moth Grandslam @ Echoplex 7PM $18
Performance Anxiety @ The Pleasure Chest 8PM $7
Star Dreck @ Nerdist Theater 8PM $10
WTF! Live w/Marc Maron @ Steve Allen Theater 8PM $10 (stand by only)
Hollywood Stands Up w/Shannon Hatch @ ACME Comedy Hollywood 8PM $12
The 4 & 20 @ All Star Lanes 8PM FREE
Comedy Bang Bang @ UCB Theatre 8:30PM $5 (stand by only)
Therapy! @ Blue Monkey Lounge 8:30PM FREE
Holy Fuck @ Downtown Independent Theater 9PM FREE
Da Mudd Duck Digital Reloaded Resurrected Comedy Show @ Sancho 9:30PM FREE
Hybrid @ Hollywood Improv Lab 9:30PM $5
13) OPEN MIC RUN
ACME COMEDY HOLLYWOOD 135 N. La Brea Ave., Hollywood, CA/Sign-up 5:30PM/Starts 6PM/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
BACK HOME IN LAHAINA 519 E. Carson St., Carson, CA/Sign-up 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/call ahead 310-835-4014 to make sure it’s not cancelled/must work clean
WESTWOOD BREW CO 1097 Glendon Ave., Westwood, CA/Sign-up 7:30PM/Starts 8PM/lottery/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 8PM/first come, first served/$4 min.
TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles/Starts 8PM/mixed mic
MAX STEINER’S 2500 E. Anaheim St., Long Beach, CA/Sign-up 9PM/Starts 10PM/first come, first served/no purchase necessary
WESTSIDE COMEDY THEATER 1323-A 3rd St., Santa Monica, CA (in alley between 3rd St. Promenade and 4th St.)/Sign-up 9:45PM/Starts 10PM/lottery/$1 cover
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5 min./multiple sets allowed/bottled water and coffee provided
BLUE MONKEY LOUNGE 5521 Hollywood Blvd., Hollywood, CA/Starts 11PM after booked show/1 drink min./first come, first served
14) Oh yeah, this is happening tonight too.