1) Doug Stanhope finds out that he’s sort of a libertarian on John Stossel on Fox and John Stossel finds out how to not do comedy.
2) Everything you’ve possibly imagined to come true of The Room’s Tommy Wiseau trying to play video games as a web series, The Tommy Wi Show, if that’s something that you’ve imagined, have come true thanks to Machinima and Payman Benz.
3) We’re just saying that NTSF:SD:SUV, The League, How Did This Get Made?, & Crash Test’s Paul Scheer will be on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon tomorrow. Just sayin’…
4) First, watch Drive. Second, (whether you loved it or hated how the film highlighted how good Ryan Gosling is) watch this sketch from Josh Androsky, Mike Burns, and Lindsay Ames. Don’t mix up the order.
6) ON THE HORIZON
Fresh Faces w/Marc Maron headlining @ The Laugh Factory Wed. Oct. 5th 10PM $15 online/$20 at door
The Imaginary Radio Program @ Nerdist Theater Thurs. Oct. 6th 8PM $8 in adv./$10 at door/FREE for comics
7) COMEDY CRAWL
Wendy Liebman @ Flappers Burbank 7PM $20/2 item min.
Jokes with Friends @ Hollywood Improv Lab 7:30PM $5
ASSSSCAT @ UCB Theatre 7:30PM FREE
Lazy Sunday @ Westside Comedy Theater 8PM $5
French Toast @ Taix 8:30PM FREE
Neal Brennan & Friends @ Westside Comedy Theater 9PM $5
RTDOK Presents @ Chatterbox 9PM FREE
Powerviolence @ The Complex 9PM FREE
Top Story Weekly w/TJ Miller @ iO West 9PM $5
Set List @ Flappers Burbank 9PM $10/2 item min.
Gravid Water @ UCB Theatre 9:30PM $5 (stand by only)
Shitty Jobs @ UCB Theatre 11PM $5 (stand by only)
8) OPEN MIC RUN
PALMS 8572 Santa Monica Blvd., West Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/lottery
SAL’S COMEDY HOLE 7356 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, CA/Starts 6PM/$4 min./first come, first served
PARADISE PERKS 15475 Jeffrey Rd., Irvine, CA/Sign-up 6:30PM/Starts 7PM/only 10 spots available
NERDIST THEATRE 7522 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (back room of Meltdown Comics)/Sign-up 7:15PM/Starts 7:30PM/lottery/30 spots available/no purchase necessary
TSUNAMEDY @ TRIBAL CAFE 1651 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA (Echo Park)/Sign-up 8PM/Starts 9PM/first come, first served/mixed mic
MARTY’S/THE OPEN MIC 7351 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA (walk up Martel past Big Mama’s and Papa’s)/5PM to 11PM/$5/multiple sets allowed/bottled water and coffee available
9) I found out there are other things other than comedy as well as realizing that I’ve never skated on quads.